AdvanSix plays a critical role in global supply chains, innovating and delivering essential products for our customers in a wide variety of end markets and applications that touch people’s lives, such as building and construction, fertilizers, plastics, solvents, packaging, paints, coatings, adhesives, and electronics. Our reliable and sustainable supply of quality products emerges from the vertically integrated value chain of our three U.S. based manufacturing facilities. AdvanSix strives to deliver best-in-class customer experiences and differentiated products in the industries of nylon solutions, chemical intermediates, and plant nutrients, guided by our core values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Respect.
Why work at AdvanSix?
• We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being
• Total Rewards program includes a competitive compensation, health, dental, vision & wellness programs, paid vacation, 401K with company matching, health savings programs, disability & life insurance, employee assistance program
• Tuition reimbursement for continued education, certifications, training, and development
• Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
The Shipper performs all aspects of safely transferring liquid bulk chemical products to and from trucks, rail, and barges.
Summary of the Main Responsibilities:
- Provides efficient and traceable movement of company products both in-bound and out-bound
- Perform standard work and follow standard operating procedures to ensure unit safety, quality, and production goals are met
- Responsible to take and interpret readings on various equipment, assessing and variation, stand troubleshooting, and taking action to address and return process to standard
- Maintain proper housekeeping and clean work environment for areas of responsibility
- Responsible for performing minor running maintenance of plant equipment
- Responsible for the safe and proper management and handling hazardous and non-hazardous waste in compliance with plant requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 2 years of experience in a manufacturing, industrial, and/or chemical plant/industry
Overview of the Team:
You will be working with other hourly employees in operations on your shift and with the maintenance department. Also, collaborating will take place with your supervisor, area engineers and the training department.
Opportunities for Career Growth and/or Training:
You will receive different training on computer software systems, safety, environmental and chemical processes. Career growth examples would include but are not limited to First Line Supervisor, Operations Specialist, and Maintenance Coordinator.
AdvanSix is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of AdvanSix about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at AdvanSix via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of AdvanSix, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by AdvanSix for this position and a valid agreement with AdvanSix is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the AdvanSix agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.