AdvanSix plays a critical role in global supply chains, innovating and delivering essential products for our customers in a wide variety of end markets and applications that touch people’s lives, such as building and construction, fertilizers, plastics, solvents, packaging, paints, coatings, adhesives and electronics. Our reliable and sustainable supply of quality products emerges from the vertically integrated value chain of our three U.S.-based manufacturing facilities. AdvanSix strives to deliver best-in-class customer experiences and differentiated products in the industries of nylon solutions, chemical intermediates, and plant nutrients, guided by our core values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Respect. More information on AdvanSix can be found at https://www.advansix.com.
Position Summary:The Analytical Chemist works in a 24/7/365 unionized, in-process, finished product, and environmental testing laboratory supporting the manufacturing plant.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise laboratory technicians performing analytical testing and validate test results
- Ensure departmental compliance with all HSE procedures
- Provide instrument troubleshooting and basic maintenance
- Maintain laboratory computer systems and quality records
- Provide analytical and technical support for both internal and external customers
- Ensure compliance with ISO-9001:2015 QMS and environmental VELAP certification
- Develop, validate, and implement new or improved analysis methods
- Perform technician trainee evaluations.
- Implement organizational goals as directed by Management
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry
- Industrial analytical chemistry experience in organic and/or inorganic analysis preferred
- Skilled in routine quantitative instrumental analysis techniques (GC, IC, HPLC, ICP-OES)
- Skilled in colorimetric, titrimetric, and gravimetric analysis.
- Skilled in data interpretation using SPC/SQC techniques
- Experience in implementing robust quality management systems (ISO-9001:2015)
- Familiarity with environmental laboratory compliance requirements (NELAP, VELAP)
- Able to effectively supervise, direct, evaluate, and communicate with unionized workforce
- Demonstrate a commitment to safe work practices and participate in laboratory safety programs
- Able to work independently, multitask, and prioritize work for self and others
- Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team environment contributing to
- Familiarity with lean manufacturing concepts (5S, RPS, SW, CI, Kaizen, etc.) preferred
- Skilled in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint (VBA a plus)
- Experience with LIMS and SAP is preferred
- Able to take off-hour calls as required and to provide on-call service for assigned weekends and holidays (approximately once per month)
At AdvanSix, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past work experience doesn’t perfectly align with every qualification in the job posting, we encourage you to still apply. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
AdvanSix is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of AdvanSix about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at AdvanSix via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of AdvanSix, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by AdvanSix for this position and a valid agreement with AdvanSix is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the AdvanSix agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.