AdvanSix plays a critical role in global supply chains, innovating and delivering essential products for our customers in a wide variety of end markets and applications that touch people’s lives, such as building and construction, fertilizers, plastics, solvents, packaging, paints, coatings, adhesives, and electronics. Our reliable and sustainable supply of quality products emerges from the vertically integrated value chain of our three U.S. based manufacturing facilities. AdvanSix strives to deliver best-in-class customer experiences and differentiated products in the industries of nylon solutions, chemical intermediates, and plant nutrients, guided by our core values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Respect.
Why work at AdvanSix?
• We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being
• Total Rewards program includes a competitive compensation, health, dental, vision & wellness programs, paid vacation, 401K with company matching, health savings programs, disability & life insurance, employee assistance program
• Tuition reimbursement for continued education, certifications, training, and development
• Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating AdvanSix sites)
• Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
Position Summary: The Commodity Leader is responsible for the sourcing and procurement of Information Technology (IT) for the enterprise. The Commodity Leader participates in the development and execution of sourcing strategy, evaluates product offerings, recommends suppliers, and negotiates contracts for assigned categories and departments. This position places POs and minimizes costs to the company for the purchase of equipment, supplies, and services. This position supports indirect procurement activity by maintaining SAP automation and tools, maintaining other procurement tools such as the contract management system and vendor master maintenance system, and by collaborating with the AP team to provide procurement support to enable timely supplier payments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gather business requirements and identify and pre-qualify potential suppliers
- Develop and distribute RPFs/RFQs and collects bids or other information
- Evaluate proposals/quotes based on offering quality, cost, or other criteria and recommend suppliers that are best suited to meet the organization’s requirements
- Partner with Legal and selected suppliers to develop mutually acceptable contractual agreements
- Analyze price proposals, financial reports, and other data to determine reasonableness of prices
- Work with internal stakeholders to resolve purchase requisition questions
- Leverage spend to preferred suppliers through effective communication with internal stakeholders
- Process requisitions and purchase orders in a timely and efficient manner, negotiating price, pay terms, and delivery schedules as needed to ensure business needs are met
- Ensure internal stakeholder needs are understood and communicated to suppliers; work with suppliers as needed to resolve order issues
- Manage SAP automation in areas such as catalog and OA price changes, OA maintenance, creating new OAs, sending out OA-RFQs, setting up and maintaining stores material coded items, collecting data on OA andcatalog usage, collecting data on one-off POs and suggesting opportunities for SAP automation, and other SAP projects as assigned
- Use e-sourcing systems to compete spend as required by policy
- Oversee tactical purchasing, including the issuance of purchase orders and/or payment of invoices
- Negotiate with suppliers to draw up procurement contracts; includes the negotiation, administration, extending, termination, and renegotiation of contracts
- Formulate and coordinate procurement proposals
- Ensure procurement activities and needs are met in a manner that comply with internal policies and external regulations
- Approve or reject requests for deviations from contract specifications and delivery schedules
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, or related field
- 3+ years of experience in related role
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills required
- Comfortable working within tight deadlines, paying attention to details and accuracy of reported results
- Must be detailed oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; good interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate at different levels across the organization
- Must have ability to quickly build relationships effectively with internal/external partners
- Ability to manage highly confidential information and strong sense of attention to detail
- Travel may be required (1-2 times per year)
AdvanSix is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of AdvanSix about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at AdvanSix via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of AdvanSix, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by AdvanSix for this position and a valid agreement with AdvanSix is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the AdvanSix agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.