AdvanSix plays a critical role in global supply chains, innovating and delivering essential products for our customers in a wide variety of end markets and applications that touch people’s lives, such as building and construction, fertilizers, plastics, solvents, packaging, paints, coatings, adhesives and electronics. Our reliable and sustainable supply of quality products emerges from the vertically integrated value chain of our three U.S.-based manufacturing facilities. AdvanSix strives to deliver best-in-class customer experiences and differentiated products in the industries of nylon solutions, chemical intermediates, and plant nutrients, guided by our core values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Respect. More information on AdvanSix can be found at https://www.advansix.com.
Position Summary: Distributed Control System (DCS) Engineer 2 provides overall leadership and technical support for managing the following functions of the automation and process control manufacturing systems (network servers, virtual nodes, firewalls, switches, process information systems, manufacturing applications, HMI workstations, etc.) across the AdvanSix plants
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide leadership and technical support for ensuring that all the control applications used in the plant are fully aligned with the manufacturing strategies. This support encompasses all BPCS and advanced applications
· Support all operators and other resources in manufacturing to make full use of them, that is, that Distributed Control System applications are exploited to the extent that the technology allows and plant production, economic results, and operational goals are optimal and remain optimal over time.
· Support capital project process from development of Automation scope and cost estimates for funding approval through to management of resources during project execution and commissioning.
· Planning and implementation of short-term and long-term work activities for Process Variability Reduction (PVR) activities and for optimization of production processes through use of process control technology.
· Preparation and use of appropriate processes, systems and applications for identification of variability and for achieving variability reduction in all plant operational areas.
· Use of appropriate processes, systems and applications for optimization of production in all plant operational areas through use of process control technology.
· Use of standard practices for process control performance and variability reduction (Standard Manufacturing Practices, etc.)
· Planning and execution of short-term and long-term activities required to effectively use advanced control applications in the manufacturing plants – includes hands-on work on selection, design, configuration, performance measurement, upgrades, troubleshooting and optimization.
· Use of standards for the process control matters under his/her responsibility.
· Supply of technical support for the technologies under her/his responsibility.
· Support of daily activities that involve PVR and advanced applications across the plant.
· Design, use, update, and maintenance of technical documentation required for all PVR and advanced control applications.
· Participation in team building, complying with team principles, norms and expectations and keeping personal skill base up-to-date.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Engineering or related field
· 2+ years’ experience of chemical manufacturing processes, and process troubleshooting.
· 2+ years’ experience of Distributed Control System experience
· Command of process control theory and practice: process dynamics, transfer function models, dynamic simulation, control algorithm selection, loop tuning, time series analysis, variability determination and reduction of variability through use of control.
· Experience with Experion and/or Foxboro IA/EVO BPCS
· Knowledge of human factors in automation
· Leadership skills
· Planning and problem solving
· Communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to integrate well across multiple disciplines
· 5+ years experience Distributer Control Systems knowledge (DCS, networking, etc.) desired
· 5+ years’ experience of chemical manufacturing processes, and process troubleshooting desired
· Maintenance, administration and maintenance of manufacturing computer systems (DCS, HMI, Network devices, etc.)
· Knowledge of Honeywell Control Performance Monitor application
· Knowledge of Honeywell DynAMo Alarm Management applications
· Knowledge of Honeywell Profit Suite and Aspen DMC3 APC applications
· Knowledge of Honeywell Uniformance PHD and Uniformance Process Studio applications
· Six Sigma Green Belt Certified
Don’t meet every single requirement? At AdvanSix, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
AdvanSix is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of AdvanSix about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at AdvanSix via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of AdvanSix, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by AdvanSix for this position and a valid agreement with AdvanSix is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the AdvanSix agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.