AdvanSix plays a critical role in global supply chains, innovating and delivering essential products for our customers in a wide variety of end markets and applications that touch people’s lives, such as building and construction, fertilizers, plastics, solvents, packaging, paints, coatings, adhesives, and electronics. Our reliable and sustainable supply of quality products emerges from the vertically integrated value chain of our three U.S. based manufacturing facilities. AdvanSix strives to deliver best-in-class customer experiences and differentiated products in the industries of nylon solutions, chemical intermediates, and plant nutrients, guided by our core values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Respect.
Why work at AdvanSix?
• We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being
• Total Rewards program includes a competitive compensation, health, dental, vision & wellness programs, paid vacation, 401K with company matching, health savings programs, disability & life insurance, employee assistance program
• Tuition reimbursement for continued education, certifications, training, and development
• Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating AdvanSix sites)
• Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
Join our dynamic and fast-paced organization as the Director of Finance and play a pivotal role in driving our financial success. If you are a results-oriented, forward-thinking finance professional, we invite you to apply and be part of our team.
Position Summary: We are seeking a highly experienced and strategic-minded individual to join our company as the Director of Finance for Nylon Solutions, which generates approximately $800M in revenue annually. This role is responsible for overseeing all financial aspects of our organization, providing leadership and guidance in financial planning, budgeting, forecasting, and analysis. You will play a crucial role in developing and implementing financial strategies to drive business growth and maximize profitability. The ideal candidate has a strong background in finance, excellent analytical skills, and exceptional leadership abilities.
Summary of Main Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement financial strategies aligned with the company’s goals and objectives.
Financial Planning and Analysis
- Lead the annual budgeting and forecasting process, and conduct regular financial analysis to identify trends, variances, and opportunities for improvement.
- Identify and evaluate financial risks and develop strategies to mitigate them.
- Lead a high-performing finance talent, providing mentorship, guidance, and professional development opportunities while fostering a culture of collaboration, innovation, and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field, or relevant working experience.
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant) or CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) designation is highly desirable
- Minimum of 3 years in a leadership position with proven experience managing employees
- Strong knowledge of financial planning, analysis, and reporting with proficiency in financial software and systems, including ERP systems and advanced MS Excel.
- In-depth understanding of accounting principles, financial regulations, and compliance standards with excellent analytical, problem-solving, and strategic thinking skills.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex financial concepts to non-financial stakeholders.
- Strong leadership abilities with a track record of building and managing cross functional high-performing teams.
Overview of the Team:
You will be leading 1 direct report. Excellent communication and organizational skills are a must because you will also be collaborating with Business Leadership, Plant Management, Supply Chain, and Customer Service departments to identify opportunities to improve profitability and impact business results. You must be able to drive performance and influence other parties who do not directly work for you.
Opportunities for Career Growth and/or Training:
This position provides an excellent opportunity to collaborate with many stakeholders across the business. This position can lead to Director level opportunities in other areas of the company including Treasury, Audit, FP&A, Investor Relations, etc.
AdvanSix is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of AdvanSix about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at AdvanSix via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of AdvanSix, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by AdvanSix for this position and a valid agreement with AdvanSix is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the AdvanSix agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.