AdvanSix plays a critical role in global supply chains, innovating and delivering essential products for our customers in a wide variety of end markets and applications that touch people’s lives, such as building and construction, fertilizers, plastics, solvents, packaging, paints, coatings, adhesives and electronics. Our reliable and sustainable supply of quality products emerges from the vertically integrated value chain of our three U.S.-based manufacturing facilities. AdvanSix strives to deliver best-in-class customer experiences and differentiated products in the industries of nylon solutions, chemical intermediates, and plant nutrients, guided by our core values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Respect. More information on AdvanSix can be found at https://www.advansix.com.
***Salary estimates are posted by job boards and may be inaccurate. If interested in this position, please apply even if the salary posted by the job board seems too low.***
- The Electrical and Instrumentation Construction Technical Specialist provides technical and construction support to the capital execution team and construction contractors. This position is a great opportunity for someone who wants to grow into other positions/departments such as Maintenance, Operations and Engineering.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure safe construction practices and techniques being executed by construction contractors and ensure the safe execution of construction packages
- Interface with engineering teams during all project phases to ensure mechanical and civil technical items are addressed and constructed appropriately
- Ensure compliance of electrical/ instrumentation construction packages to engineering and construction standards
- During project scoping, assist in the development of the field staffing plan
- During project detailed design, attend design/constructability reviews, provide input to the constructability review efforts, help PM in developing construction strategy, and support review the field construction bid packages
- During procurement phase, help in evaluating contractors and services, participate in pre–bid walks and assists in evaluating bids, assist in answering construction related pre-bid RFIs (request for information) from contractors, take part in the bid review for field construction packages, and enter requisitions or notify Project Manager for field material shorts
- Responsible for the field project construction contractor execution, including monitoring any changes to the plan and escalating properly to Construction Manager and Project Manager as required
- Responsible for the safety, quality, assigned contractors interface, construction operations, and labor productivity
- Become familiar with construction documents, scope of work, change notices, exceptions, site procedures and policies, including review of construction supplier estimates
- Continuously evaluate site conditions and requirements
- Provide value added input on constructability of projects during front end of project cycle
- Act as key point of contact for construction contractors in all areas onsite
- Ensure excellence in relationships between engineering, suppliers, and site stakeholders
- Manage weekly project status and safety meetings
- 3-5 years of related field experience in the Electrical and Instrumentation construction field
- 3 years of experience in leading construction execution as a foreman, superintendent, or other leadership role in the chemical and Petrochemical industries
- Associates degree in electrical engineering preferred (not mandatory) or equivalent experience
- Ability to relate well to all levels and areas of the business; ability to build appropriate rapport
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be results driven and a self-starter, anticipating and initiating solutions to problems
- Must be action-oriented and a team player
- Excellent analytical and technical skills in one or more areas including: Electrical /Instrumentation, mechanical equipment, piping, structural steel, concrete, proven industry electrical experience.
- Must be willing to work overtime and extended and flexible hours as needed with contractor schedules
Don’t meet every single requirement? At AdvanSix, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
AdvanSix is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of AdvanSix about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at AdvanSix via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of AdvanSix, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by AdvanSix for this position and a valid agreement with AdvanSix is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the AdvanSix agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.