AdvanSix plays a critical role in global supply chains, innovating and delivering essential products for our customers in a wide variety of end markets and applications that touch people’s lives, such as building and construction, fertilizers, plastics, solvents, packaging, paints, coatings, adhesives and electronics. Our reliable and sustainable supply of quality products emerges from the vertically integrated value chain of our three U.S.-based manufacturing facilities. AdvanSix strives to deliver best-in-class customer experiences and differentiated products in the industries of nylon solutions, chemical intermediates, and plant nutrients, guided by our core values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Respect. More information on AdvanSix can be found at https://www.advansix.com.
In Bucks, our team produces a variety of chemical intermediates used in diverse end markets, including agriculture, rubber processing, pharmaceuticals, textiles, alcohol solvents and water treatments. US Amines, an AdvanSix company.
· Manage, supervise, and coordinate the Environmental activities and functions for the Company’s facilities, including but not limited to environmental, waste management, waste-water treatment, hazardous material pipeline, GHS, LDAR, RC 14001 and REACH programs and activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Coordinate with the WWT Supervisor to ensure permit requirements are met, test results are communicated in a timely manner and that operation of the unit follows all state, federal and corporate requirements.
· Administer all environmental activities including but not limited to, permitting and licensing, for air emissions and discharges. Submit all necessary reports to regulatory agencies. Prepare, file, and negotiate permits as required.
· Serve as focal point for environmental related audits and regulatory agency visits to ensure accurate information is provided pertaining to plant operations, programs, processes, and compliance issues.
· Leads the development and implementation of RC 14001.
· Supports LDAR program and documentation requirements.
· Coordinate community awareness programs to ensure the Company is involved in community programs and participates in the LeMoyne Industrial Park activities.
· Interpret environmental and safety regulations as they affect the plants and provide recommendations on compliance programs. Follow-up to ensure implementation of compliance procedures. Provide timely communication and ensure processes are established for implementation of new Company or regulatory processes.
· Develop programs and provide guidance and/or participation in implementing employee training programs related to environmental matters. Ensures employees are trained in compliance with local, state, federal and corporate regulations, and requirements.
· Responsible for implementing standards for the control of potential environmental hazards and protection of internal assets stemming from plant operations.
· Coordinate response to external plant emergencies involving products that may require personnel response at the scene.
· Administer and implement the Company’s compliance with REACH and GHS.
· Manage the Company’s pipeline(s) and related activities.
· Incumbent(s) must maintain excellent working relationships with all local, state and federal regulatory agencies
· B.S. degree in chemical engineering, chemistry or environmental engineering is required
· Three to five years’ engineering or related experience including regulatory compliance, pollution control, safety, environmental affairs, and community relations skills.
· Knowledge of environmental laws and regulations are needed.
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills required
· Supervisory experience is required
· Incumbent should be very proficient in the operation of Microsoft suite of products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
· Six Sigma Blackbelt/Greenbelt desired.
· Computer modeling experience is desirable but not essential.
· Excellent organizational and technical skills.
· High level of initiative and strong desire to improve operations and processes in production areas with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to lead, motivate and energize others.
At AdvanSix, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past work experience doesn’t perfectly align with every qualification in the job posting, we encourage you to still apply. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
AdvanSix is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of AdvanSix about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at AdvanSix via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of AdvanSix, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by AdvanSix for this position and a valid agreement with AdvanSix is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the AdvanSix agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.