AdvanSix plays a critical role in global supply chains, innovating and delivering essential products for our customers in a wide variety of end markets and applications that touch people’s lives, such as building and construction, fertilizers, plastics, solvents, packaging, paints, coatings, adhesives and electronics. Our reliable and sustainable supply of quality products emerges from the vertically integrated value chain of our three U.S.-based manufacturing facilities. AdvanSix strives to deliver best-in-class customer experiences and differentiated products in the industries of nylon solutions, chemical intermediates, and plant nutrients, guided by our core values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Respect. More information on AdvanSix can be found at https://www.advansix.com.
The Maintenance Millwright/Mechanic works with all the levels of the Maintenance Organization to repair and perform preventative maintenance on mechanical equipment, ensuring the safe and profitable operation of the Hopewell Plant.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overhauling, maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing chemical plant equipment, which includes but is not limited to turbines, fans, blowers, pumps, gearboxes, and conveyors
- Proficient with using dial indicator and laser alignment
- Calculating dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments
- Machining parts to specifications using machine tools such as lathes, milling, shapers, or grinders
- Measuring, examining, and testing completed units to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments such as micrometers
- Setting up, adjusting, and operating all the basic machine tools and many specialized or advanced variation tools to perform precision machining operations
- Reviewing sample parts, blueprints, drawings, and engineering information to determine methods and sequences of operations needed to fabricate products, and determining product dimensions and tolerances
- Selecting the appropriate tools, machines, and material to be used in preparation of machinery work
- Laying out, measuring, and marking metal stock to display placement of cuts
- Maintain and PM machine tools in the shop
- Working a rotating shift in a 24/7, 365-day continue operation when needed
- Other work as needed
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Licensed Journeyman-level Millwright / Machinist or successful completion of state certified apprenticeship program or equivalent relative craft experience
- 5 years’ experience in industrial machine Maintenance and repairs
- Successful candidate will be responsible for supplying their own tools starting first day on the job
- Knowledge of mechanical fits and tolerances
- Knowledge of tools and methods necessary to troubleshoot and maintain Industrial production equipment
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in working with High-Speed Machinery
- Knowledge of the principles of Mechanics
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations and ability to comply with OSHA procedures
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, control system drawings and repair manuals
- Ability to perform basic math computations
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
At AdvanSix, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past work experience doesn’t perfectly align with every qualification in the job posting, we encourage you to still apply. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
AdvanSix is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of AdvanSix about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at AdvanSix via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of AdvanSix, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by AdvanSix for this position and a valid agreement with AdvanSix is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the AdvanSix agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.