AdvanSix plays a critical role in global supply chains, innovating and delivering essential products for our customers in a wide variety of end markets and applications that touch people’s lives, such as building and construction, fertilizers, plastics, solvents, packaging, paints, coatings, adhesives and electronics. Our reliable and sustainable supply of quality products emerges from the vertically integrated value chain of our three U.S.-based manufacturing facilities. AdvanSix strives to deliver best-in-class customer experiences and differentiated products in the industries of nylon solutions, chemical intermediates, and plant nutrients, guided by our core values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Respect. More information on AdvanSix can be found at https://www.advansix.com.
The First Line Supervisor works to achieve operational targets and standards by directing hourly employees to complete tasks that have a direct impact on overall results within assigned job area(s).
Summary of the Main Responsibilities:
- Ensure assigned tasks are achieved through supervision of direct reports
- Support and lead the workforce in problem identification, problem solving, and implementing continuous improvement measures
- Engage team leaders and employees to improve department/area processes and performance
- Manage overall performance within a 5-10 employee shift (adherence to standard work, attendance, safety, code of conduct, etc.) to achieve expected standards in the areas of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Productivity and Cost
- Ensure compliance with all health, safety, and environmental regulations, which includes protecting the environment and community
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in a technical or related field preferred
- 2-5 years of relevant experience, experience in a manufacturing, industrial, and/or chemical plant environment preferred
- Supervisory experience preferred
Overview of the Team:
Solid supervisory skills are a must as you will be directly leading 5-10 hourly employees. You will also be collaborating with Plant Management, Maintenance, Safety and Environmental, Engineering and Training departments to drive safe, stable, sustainable operations of the facility.
Opportunities for Career Growth and/or Training:
This is a great opportunity to train on chemical processes, while also learning about safety and environmental compliance. While honing these types of skills, this position could lead to opportunities as an Operations Specialist, Maintenance Coordinator, Manufacturing Leader, or various roles within the organization.
At AdvanSix, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past work experience doesn’t perfectly align with every qualification in the job posting, we encourage you to still apply. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
AdvanSix is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of AdvanSix about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at AdvanSix via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of AdvanSix, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by AdvanSix for this position and a valid agreement with AdvanSix is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the AdvanSix agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.