AdvanSix plays a critical role in global supply chains, innovating and delivering essential products for our customers in a wide variety of end markets and applications that touch people’s lives, such as building and construction, fertilizers, plastics, solvents, packaging, paints, coatings, adhesives, and electronics. Our reliable and sustainable supply of quality products emerges from the vertically integrated value chain of our three U.S. based manufacturing facilities. AdvanSix strives to deliver best-in-class customer experiences and differentiated products in the industries of nylon solutions, chemical intermediates, and plant nutrients, guided by our core values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Respect.
Why work at AdvanSix?
• We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being
• Total Rewards program includes a competitive compensation, health, dental, vision & wellness programs, paid vacation, 401K with company matching, health savings programs, disability & life insurance, employee assistance program
• Tuition reimbursement for continued education, certifications, training, and development
• Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating AdvanSix sites)
• Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
Intern and Co-Op Opportunities in Engineering at AdvanSix
AdvanSix is a leading manufacturer of Nylon 6, a polymer resin used by customers to produce engineered plastics, fibers, filaments and films. These products, in turn, are used in a wide range of applications, including automotive, food and industrial packaging, carpeting, wire and cable, building and construction, and sports apparel. AdvanSix is also fully integrated into the important building blocks of caprolactam, ammonium sulfate fertilizers, phenol, acetone and more. These capabilities, combined with a robust supply chain, exceptional quality control and an innovation mindset, support sustainable growth and value.
You will work alongside AdvanSix business professionals gaining real-world strategic experience. We have implemented an intern educational program and actively recruiting students!
Job description and program expectations:
- Monitor critical elements in the process
- Track performance of assigned operation areas daily
- Develop knowledge of area operations
- Take on process improvement projects
- Work on assigned project – based on engineering field and expertise
- Help answer customer complaints and proactively avoid future complaints
- Assist other Engineers/Career Professionals on Six Sigma Projects
- Daily Operations and Troubleshooting for Processes
- January – May (Spring)
- May – August (Summer)
- August – December (Fall)
Co-op Development Program:
- 1st Term
- Getting acquainted with the Plant – equipment, valves, pumps, sampling techniques, general information, understanding processes.
- 2nd Term
- Development of project oriented tasks – unit operations, assigned long term project
- 3rd Term
- Theory at the plant level – given career professional responsibilities and completion of major, long term project
- Co-ops are expected to complete / work three (3) rotating term; no more than 2 consecutive terms in a rotation. Students must return to school to continue coursework.
What Key Learnings can we provide to the co-op?
- General plant operations
- Manufacturing and control strategies
- Unit Operations (crystallizers, reactor, distillation, centrifuges, phase separators, packed columns, solids handling, etc.)
- Project Organization and Completion (Six Sigma Foundation)
- Chemical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Reliability Engineering
**Co-Ops and Internships are paid by AdvanSix
AdvanSix is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of AdvanSix about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at AdvanSix via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of AdvanSix, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by AdvanSix for this position and a valid agreement with AdvanSix is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the AdvanSix agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.