AdvanSix plays a critical role in global supply chains, innovating and delivering essential products for our customers in a wide variety of end markets and applications that touch people’s lives, such as building and construction, fertilizers, plastics, solvents, packaging, paints, coatings, adhesives, and electronics. Our reliable and sustainable supply of quality products emerges from the vertically integrated value chain of our three U.S. based manufacturing facilities. AdvanSix strives to deliver best-in-class customer experiences and differentiated products in the industries of nylon solutions, chemical intermediates, and plant nutrients, guided by our core values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Respect.
Why work at AdvanSix?
• We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being
• Total Rewards program includes a competitive compensation, health, dental, vision & wellness programs, paid vacation, 401K with company matching, health savings programs, disability & life insurance, employee assistance program
• Tuition reimbursement for continued education, certifications, training, and development
• Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
The Industrial Hygiene/Occupational Health (IH/OH) Manager provides enterprise-wide leadership for driving occupational health and safety excellence. This role is focused on leading the implementation of effective operating mechanisms that assure regulatory compliance, proactive protection of our employees, and achievement of performance excellence in our operating facilities. This role is a working leader with direct reports.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and effectively implement the Industrial Hygiene (IH) / Occupational Health (OH) Programs for AdvanSix (e.g., exposure assessment, ergonomics, hearing conservation, respiratory protection, personal protective equipment, radiation, asbestos, lead, thermal stress and ventilation)
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining enterprise-wide Industrial Hygiene management systems (work processes, standards, procedures)
- Interact with all five manufacturing sites as it pertains to IH programs
- Lead performance improvement of Industrial Hygiene compliance; monitor applicable regulations for emerging issues that may impact the sites, and develop programs needed for compliance
- Provide oversight and collaborate with onsite third-party medical providers in OH program development and execution, including workers compensation management
- Mentor and develop team members
- Complete annual qualitative and quantitative exposure assessments for chemicals, noise, personal protective equipment, radiation, asbestos, and other IH-related items, as applicable
- Write IH reports and collate data across reports to develop performance improvement goals and execute plans to close gaps
- Actively participate in incident investigations, root cause analysis and the corrective action process for Industrial Hygiene issues and opportunities
- Initiate, review, and support Management of Change (MOC) for Industrial Hygiene matters as necessary
- Oversee and participate on new chemical approval committee, including managing site SDS program
- Maintain the Industrial Hygiene exposure database and associated records
- Participate on the corporate team for the development and implementation of new or changing standards
- Develop, modify, and deliver IH-related training to plant personnel
- Some travel is required (20-25%, depending on your home location)
- Bachelor’s degree in safety, industrial hygiene, environmental science, engineering, chemistry, or related science discipline
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), Certified Safety Professional (CSP), or others a plus
- 10+ years of experience in an industrial hygiene and or occupational safety role in manufacturing or petrochemical environment
- 7+ years of experience working with US Occupational Safety & Health Administration Standards as well as best working practices found in related ANSI standards, etc., industrial hygiene laws and regulations
- Chemical manufacturing experience preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to provide timely and effective communications to all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to use influencing skills to accomplish goals and objectives
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and effectively work with individuals at all levels of an organization
- Ability to prioritize work and handle multiple / varied tasks efficiently
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office, databases, SAP)
- Six Sigma (Green Belt certified) or equivalent experience implementing productivity /continuous improvement projects is desired
AdvanSix is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of AdvanSix about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at AdvanSix via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of AdvanSix, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by AdvanSix for this position and a valid agreement with AdvanSix is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the AdvanSix agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.