AdvanSix plays a critical role in global supply chains, innovating and delivering essential products for our customers in a wide variety of end markets and applications that touch people’s lives, such as building and construction, fertilizers, plastics, solvents, packaging, paints, coatings, adhesives and electronics. Our reliable and sustainable supply of quality products emerges from the vertically integrated value chain of our three U.S.-based manufacturing facilities. AdvanSix strives to deliver best-in-class customer experiences and differentiated products in the industries of nylon solutions, chemical intermediates, and plant nutrients, guided by our core values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Respect. More information on AdvanSix can be found at https://www.advansix.com.
The Industrial Hygiene / Occupational Health Manager provides global support for driving safety excellence. This role is focused on the leading the implementation of effective operating mechanisms that assure regulatory compliance, management of HSE, and achievement of performance excellence at the operating line level and supporting a mature HSE culture via the systematic processes. This role is a working leader with direct reports.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and effectively implement the Industrial Hygiene (IH) / Occupational Health Programs for AdvanSix (e.g. exposure assessment, ergonomics, hearing conservation, respiratory protection, personal protective equipment, radiation, asbestos, lead, thermal stress and ventilation) also interact with other sites as it pertains to IH programs
- Responsible for the implementing and maintaining local Industrial Hygiene management systems (work processes, standards, procedures)
- Lead performance improvement of Industrial Hygiene compliance; monitor applicable regulations for emerging issues that may impact the site and develop programs needed for compliance
- Complete annual qualitative and quantitative exposure assessments for chemicals, noise, personal protective equipment, radiation, asbestos, and other IH-related items
- Write IH reports and collate data across reports to develop performance improvement goals and execute plans to close gaps
- Actively participate in incident investigations and the corrective action process for Industrial Hygiene issues and opportunities
- Initiate, review, and support Management of Change (MOC) for Industrial Hygiene matters as necessary
- Oversee and participate on new chemical approval committee including managing site SDS program Maintain
the Industrial Hygiene exposure database and associated records
- Participate on the corporate team for the development and implementation of new or changing standards
- Develop, modify, and deliver IH related training to plant personnel
- Some travel is required (20%)
- Bachelor’s degree in safety, industrial hygiene, environmental science, engineering, chemistry, or related science discipline
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), Certified Safety Professional (CSP), or others a plus
- 7+ years of experience in an industrial hygiene and or occupational safety role in manufacturing or petrochemical environment
- 7+ years of experience working with US Occupational Safety & Health Administration Standards as well as best working practices found in related ANSI standards, etc., industrial hygiene laws and regulations
- Valid driver’s license
- Six Sigma (Green Belt certified) or equivalent experience implementing productivity / continuous improvement projects is desired
- Manufacturing experience preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to provide timely and effective communications to all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to use influencing skills to accomplish goals and objectives
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of an organization
- Ability to prioritize work and handle multiple / varied tasks efficiently
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office, databases, SAP)
- Certified RSO preferred
At AdvanSix, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past work experience doesn’t perfectly align with every qualification in the job posting, we encourage you to still apply. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
AdvanSix is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of AdvanSix about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at AdvanSix via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of AdvanSix, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by AdvanSix for this position and a valid agreement with AdvanSix is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the AdvanSix agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.