AdvanSix plays a critical role in global supply chains, innovating and delivering essential products for our customers in a wide variety of end markets and applications that touch people’s lives, such as building and construction, fertilizers, plastics, solvents, packaging, paints, coatings, adhesives and electronics. Our reliable and sustainable supply of quality products emerges from the vertically integrated value chain of our three U.S.-based manufacturing facilities. AdvanSix strives to deliver best-in-class customer experiences and differentiated products in the industries of nylon solutions, chemical intermediates, and plant nutrients, guided by our core values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Respect. More information on AdvanSix can be found at https://www.advansix.com.
The I&E Technicians install, calibrate, configure, program, modify, diagnose, and repair electronic, computerized, and electro-mechanical equipment. They perform preventative and corrective maintenance to distributed control systems (DCS), continuous emissions monitoring systems (CEMS) and all associated equipment. I&E Technicians work predominantly independent but are required to collaborate with fellow technicians, contractors, operators, and vendors as needed.
Summary of the Main Responsibilities:
- Installs, repairs, replaces, and calibrates control system equipment and support systems, including transmitters, pneumatic valves and valve actuators, regulators, recorders, analyzers, and other sensors
- Installs, analyzes, maintains, and repairs control equipment that includes Distributed Control Systems (DCS), Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), and computers
- Performs and documents maintenance calibrations, installation, fault diagnosis, repair of electronic, electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic instruments and systems
- Actively participate in plant safety programs and maintains and knowledge and understanding of Process Safety Management, OSHA requirements, and API standards
- Installs and maintains safety systems including emergency lighting, fire alarm systems, uninterruptible power systems, battery systems, and utility communications systems
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with electrical design and repair, communication devices, instrument and electrical codes, standards, and plant engineering specifications in an industrial/manufacturing and/or chemical plant industry
- Ability to obtain a TWIC card
Overview of the Team:
You will be working with other hourly employees in maintenance and operations departments. Also, collaborating will take place with your supervisor, and reliability/maintenance engineers.
Opportunities for Career Growth and/or Training:
You will receive different training on computer software systems, safety, environmental and maintenance principles. Career growth examples would include but are not limited to First Line Supervisor, Maintenance Planner, and Maintenance Coordinator.
At AdvanSix, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past work experience doesn’t perfectly align with every qualification in the job posting, we encourage you to still apply. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
AdvanSix is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of AdvanSix about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at AdvanSix via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of AdvanSix, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by AdvanSix for this position and a valid agreement with AdvanSix is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the AdvanSix agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.