AdvanSix plays a critical role in global supply chains, innovating and delivering essential products for our customers in a wide variety of end markets and applications that touch people’s lives, such as building and construction, fertilizers, plastics, solvents, packaging, paints, coatings, adhesives and electronics. Our reliable and sustainable supply of quality products emerges from the vertically integrated value chain of our three U.S. based manufacturing facilities. AdvanSix strives to deliver best-in-class customer experiences and differentiated products in the industries of nylon solutions, chemical intermediates, and plant nutrients, guided by our core values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Respect.
Please view a short video about our company here, AdvanSix Video. For more information on AdvanSix, please visit our website at https://www.advansix.com.
Why work at AdvanSix?
- We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being
- Total Rewards program includes a competitive compensation, health, dental, vision & wellness programs, paid vacation, 401K with company matching, health savings programs, disability & life insurance, employee assistance program
- Tuition reimbursement for continued education, certifications, training and development
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating AdvanSix sites)
- Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
The Quality Control Lab (QCL) Chemist role reports to the Frankford Plant QCL department. The position is responsible for performing product inspections and/or audits. This position works a rotating 12-hour shift schedule with alternating weeks of 36 hours and 48 hours.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform standard work and follow standard operating procedures to ensure laboratory processes are performed safely
- Monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical processes or other control procedures
- Provide documentation and notification of any product quality concerns or rejections to appropriate departments
- Responsible for the safe and proper management and handling hazardous and non-hazardous waste in compliance with plant requirements
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
- Advanced knowledge of technical / operational practices of quality control
- Ability to work on a 12-hour rotating shift schedule that includes overnight and weekends
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to perform physical labor associated with jobs
- Ability to work at elevated heights – greater than 50 feet
- Strong work ethic and initiative to learn processes
- Demonstrated ability to deliver a safe workspace based on following standard work
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and take corrective action within an industrial setting
- Ability to demonstrate basic computer skills