AdvanSix plays a critical role in global supply chains, innovating and delivering essential products for our customers in a wide variety of end markets and applications that touch people’s lives, such as building and construction, fertilizers, plastics, solvents, packaging, paints, coatings, adhesives, and electronics. Our reliable and sustainable supply of quality products emerges from the vertically integrated value chain of our three U.S. based manufacturing facilities. AdvanSix strives to deliver best-in-class customer experiences and differentiated products in the industries of nylon solutions, chemical intermediates, and plant nutrients, guided by our core values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Respect.
Why work at AdvanSix?
• We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being
• Total Rewards program includes a competitive compensation, health, dental, vision & wellness programs, paid vacation, 401K with company matching, health savings programs, disability & life insurance, employee assistance program
• Tuition reimbursement for continued education, certifications, training, and development
• Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating AdvanSix sites)
• Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
An excellent career opportunity is currently available for a Lead Accounts Payable/Receivable Clerk at the AdvanSix manufacturing facility in Chesterfield, VA. This position is eligible to participate in our Finance Rotational Program, which allows employees to rotate into different finance areas including Treasury, FP&A, Logistics, Procurement, Finance, and Audit. You will be required to work within various systems to ensure all vendors are paid according to terms.
- Identify areas of improvement and support to the Accounts Payable Team.
- Develop and manage training of AP Processors – leverage the strengths of current team members, clarify roles and responsibilities, and implement training programs to maximize and reach optimal individual and organizational goals.
- Review work of AP Processors including accurate and timely processing of invoices and tracking of key performance metrics.
- Participate in cross-functional projects including process improvements and system upgrades and integrations.
- Vendor, freight and AP invoice approval and release.
- Ensure compliance with accounting policies, update and maintain procedures documentation.
- Complete statement reconciliation.
- Confirm vendor data is current and up to date in the system.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Procurement, Supply Chain, Finance or Accounting, or relevant working experience.
- 5+ Accounts Payable experience mandatory
- 3+ years of experience in Finance ERP.
- Experience with Excel and other MS Office Products.
- Experience with SAP strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks and interact effectively across multiple departments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and looking for ways to improve processes.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
AdvanSix is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of AdvanSix about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at AdvanSix via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of AdvanSix, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by AdvanSix for this position and a valid agreement with AdvanSix is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the AdvanSix agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.