AdvanSix plays a critical role in global supply chains, innovating and delivering essential products for our customers in a wide variety of end markets and applications that touch people’s lives, such as building and construction, fertilizers, plastics, solvents, packaging, paints, coatings, adhesives and electronics. Our reliable and sustainable supply of quality products emerges from the vertically integrated value chain of our three U.S.-based manufacturing facilities. AdvanSix strives to deliver best-in-class customer experiences and differentiated products in the industries of nylon solutions, chemical intermediates, and plant nutrients, guided by our core values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Respect. More information on AdvanSix can be found at https://www.advansix.com.
- The Chemical Process Controls Engineer interacts with Operations / Production and plant groups to identify improvements, upgrades, and cost savings projects for the facility. This position develops opportunities that will improve plant performance. This position ensures that the process engineering standards and procedures are met during the development, design, and construction phases of a project and works to improve these processes in parallel. The Process Engineer provides process technology support to operating plants.
- NOTE: This is a production centered role and are searching for candidates with strong Engineering and/or Production backgrounds. We are not searching for candidates with exclusively lab or research backgrounds.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of Front-End Engineering Design (FEED) packages for the business segments
- Become an expert on the process chemistry, equipment operation and troubleshooting, and the process design basis for the equipment
- Work within teams to identify and implement longer term process improvement efforts, with the overall goal being to achieve improved safety, higher yields, and better production rates.
- Identify and implement improvements on basic control schemes and advanced process control strategies
- Develop process economics, feasibility studies, and project justification pitches
- Assist plant operations in key growth, cost savings, or stability projects
- Ensure quality assurance of engineering calculations, process simulations, and engineering drawings
- Other responsibilities may include:
- Assist with designing process design narratives
- Participating in design risk assessments
- Utilize Process simulations for equipment design and performance benchmarking
- Creation and maintain Process Flow Diagrams, Piping, and Instrumentation Diagrams
- Process equipment and instrumentation sizing and specification development
- Participating in Process Hazard Analysis/HAZOP activities
- Supporting capital project engineers through detailed design, equipment purchases, construction, and startup
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering
- 3+ Years of experience
- Desire to apply Engineering principals in a plant environment
- Experience in process equipment design, selection, commissioning, and startup
- Experience in designing and executing projects
- Proficient in Aspen Plus
- Experience in Process Safety Management covered processes
- Familiarity with DCS programs such as Experion, Foxboro, or DeltaV
- Excellent organizational, planning, and verbal and written communication skills
- Able to use influence to accomplish goals and objectives
At AdvanSix, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past work experience doesn’t perfectly align with every qualification in the job posting, we encourage you to still apply. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
AdvanSix is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of AdvanSix about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at AdvanSix via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of AdvanSix, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by AdvanSix for this position and a valid agreement with AdvanSix is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the AdvanSix agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.