AdvanSix plays a critical role in global supply chains, innovating and delivering essential products for our customers in a wide variety of end markets and applications that touch people’s lives, such as building and construction, fertilizers, plastics, solvents, packaging, paints, coatings, adhesives and electronics. Our reliable and sustainable supply of quality products emerges from the vertically integrated value chain of our three U.S.-based manufacturing facilities. AdvanSix strives to deliver best-in-class customer experiences and differentiated products in the industries of nylon solutions, chemical intermediates, and plant nutrients, guided by our core values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Respect. More information on AdvanSix can be found at https://www.advansix.com.
Position Summary: The Maintenance Engineer works in the field with operating area personnel, production engineers, and all levels of the Manufacturing organization to ensure the safe and profitable operation of the assigned plant.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide analysis of failed equipment to determine and eliminate cause(s)
· Advise and review repairs and modifications to rotating equipment
· Establish and maintain equipment lubrication program
· Advise on proper execution and documentation of repair and preventive maintenance (PM) activities for rotating equipment; where necessary, support job plan and shop paper development in support these activities
· Identify and interface with preferred equipment manufacturers, specialists, and technical support consultants
· Develop the experience and skills necessary to draft maintenance job plans for specific repair activities
· Learn the process for maintaining and updating maintenance documentation (e.g. repair reports, bill of materials, upgrade recommendations) for critical plant equipment
· Develop the ability to assist hourly vibration technicians with rotating equipment vibration analysis and condition monitoring data interpretation; recommend actions based on these analyses
· Prepare formal technical reports to document repair actions, failure analyses, equipment, and process improvements and inspection findings
· Support site Maintenance Department planners and foremen as required
· Provide the first line of technical support to maintenance foremen and operating personnel for issues related to stationary and rotating equipment maintenance and reliability.
· Gather, interpret, report, and manage plant reliability metrics
· Participate in site health, safety, and environmental (HSE) activities
· Assist with equipment performance troubleshooting as requested/required
· Support equipment installations/upgrades by ensuring design-for-maintainability and reliability are incorporated into projects
· Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or related field
· Six Sigma Green Belt certified preferred
· 0-5+ years of experience in chemical/petrochemical plant maintenance and/or reliability engineering experience
· Internship/Co-op experience applying maintenance engineering principals to mechanical repair work for a variety of typical process plant equipment
· Experience with Root Cause Failure Analysis and Failure Mode and Effects Analysis
· Experience in a leadership role; temporary or interim assignment acceptable
· Experience using drafting and design software Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
· Ability to perform physical tasks in an industrial plant environment including, but not limited to climbing ladders and performing confined space entries
· Knowledge of mechanical machinery design, selection, repair techniques and performance assessment
· Strong educational background in materials, mechanics, fluid flow, dynamics and heat transfer
· Must be self-motivated and goal-oriented with proven success working independently and in a multi-functional team environment
· Excellent organizational, planning, and verbal and written communication skills
· Able to manage multiple priorities
· Able to use influence to accomplish goals and objectives
· Hands-on experience using SAP work management system or similar
· Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
Don’t meet every single requirement? At AdvanSix, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
AdvanSix is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of AdvanSix about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at AdvanSix via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of AdvanSix, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by AdvanSix for this position and a valid agreement with AdvanSix is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the AdvanSix agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.