AdvanSix plays a critical role in global supply chains, innovating and delivering essential products for our customers in a wide variety of end markets and applications that touch people’s lives, such as building and construction, fertilizers, plastics, solvents, packaging, paints, coatings, adhesives and electronics. Our reliable and sustainable supply of quality products emerges from the vertically integrated value chain of our three U.S.-based manufacturing facilities. AdvanSix strives to deliver best-in-class customer experiences and differentiated products in the industries of nylon solutions, chemical intermediates, and plant nutrients, guided by our core values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Respect. More information on AdvanSix can be found at https://www.advansix.com.
Position Summary: The Manufacturing Leader is responsible for leading and setting the direction for one of the plant locations with overall responsibility for safety and environmental stewardship, productivity and costs, equipment reliability, and employee staffing and development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Partner with Human Resources, Staffing, and Training groups to cultivate pipeline of talent for Front-Line Supervisors, Maintenance Coordinators, Production Engineers, and Reliability Engineers
· Accountable for implementation and outcomes of reliability processes, such as: Asset Risk Management process, Reliability Control Plan implementation, and the Maintenance/Operations Work Management Process
· Leverage Visual Management and Tiered Meeting process to decrease business risk by ensuring effective countermeasures are implemented to address single-point equipment vulnerabilities
· Drive task safety observation process to ensure occupational safety and process safety hazards are effectively addressed
· Maintain communications and collaboration with the business and functional organizations in support of business objectives
· Develop and rollout organization and individual metrics, goals, and objectives aligned to tie short-term and strategic objectives
· As a member of Plant Leadership Team, collaborate with other Leadership Team members to set production execution strategy; support plant management in setting overall site strategy
· Provide strategic input in developing and implementing AOP initiatives and provide input into the site Strategic Plan (STRAP), Annual Operating Plan (AOP), and capital budget
· Provide career development and guidance for direct reports via MRR, HPD, salary setting process, and oversee training and development for all salaried employees in group
· As member of SIOP (Sales Inventory and Operations Planning) team, interface with plant service groups to meet/exceed customer expectations and business goals
· Participate in Labor Contract Negotiations process; listen to 3rd step grievances and provide grievance resolution
· Responsible for Operations teams meeting safety and environmental goals; accountable for compliance with Safety and Environmental procedures, including MOC, PPE compliance, and Incident Investigation and Closure
· Manage daily operations to meet area objectives for HS&E, Quality, On-Time Delivery, cost per pound and overtime; set area vision and manage accordingly
· Work with Maintenance Implementation group to assure maintenance and reliability needs are met within budget constraints
· Work with Customer Excellence organization to maintain inventory control and on-time delivery
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering, chemistry, business, or technical discipline preferred
· 7+ years of experience in manufacturing industries such as chemical, pulp and paper, Petrochemical, or pharmaceutical
· 3+ years of management experience in manufacturing industries
· Demonstrated experience or certification in Lean manufacturing principles
· Continuous chemical/polymer experience preferred
· Experience with safety, lockout, and securing permits preferred
· Strong leadership skills; ability to foster teamwork, motivate others, and coach others to improve their skills
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Fundamental mechanical aptitude and ability to troubleshoot equipment problems is a plus
· Excellent organizational skills
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of an organization
· Able to manage multiple priorities
· Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office
Don’t meet every single requirement? At AdvanSix, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
AdvanSix is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of AdvanSix about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at AdvanSix via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of AdvanSix, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by AdvanSix for this position and a valid agreement with AdvanSix is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the AdvanSix agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.