AdvanSix plays a critical role in global supply chains, innovating and delivering essential products for our customers in a wide variety of end markets and applications that touch people’s lives, such as building and construction, fertilizers, plastics, solvents, packaging, paints, coatings, adhesives and electronics. Our reliable and sustainable supply of quality products emerges from the vertically integrated value chain of our three U.S. based manufacturing facilities. AdvanSix strives to deliver best-in-class customer experiences and differentiated products in the industries of nylon solutions, chemical intermediates, and plant nutrients, guided by our core values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Respect.
Please view a short video about our company here, AdvanSix Video. For more information on AdvanSix, please visit our website at https://www.advansix.com.
Why work at AdvanSix?
- We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being
- Total Rewards program includes a competitive compensation, health, dental, vision & wellness programs, paid vacation, 401K with company matching, health savings programs, disability & life insurance, employee assistance program
- Tuition reimbursement for continued education, certifications, training and development
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating AdvanSix sites)
- Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
The Millwright / Multi-Craft Mechanic works five (5) eight (8) hour shifts however conditions in production can change rapidly and may require adjusting to schedule changes or respond to emergency call-ins on other needs in a plant that operates on a 24/7 basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installing, maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing pumps, compressors, blowers’ fans, and gearboxes
- Installing, maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing shafts, bearings, seals, and packing
- Installing, maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing couplings, clutches, and brakes
- Installing, maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing piping systems and associated components
- Performing equipment balancing and laser alignments
- Performing and documenting predictive and preventive maintenance work
- Rigging and lifting equipment as needed
- Using shop machining tools
- Maintains, repairs and overhauls manufactured equipment
- Responsible for performing general troubleshooting and equipment repair
- Participate in plant safety programs and maintains a knowledge and understanding of Process Safety Management, OSHA requirements
- Supporting job repair plan development and equipment parts identification
- Suggesting and driving the implementation of continuous improvement ideas
- Ability to work safely with hazardous materials
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Substantial understanding of general aspects of maintenance repair
- Completion of a formalized Millwright Training Program or minimum of 4 years maintenance experience as a millwright/mechanic in a Chemical Plant, Refinery, or similar industrial facility
- Self-motivated and able to work in a team environment
- Possess a strong work ethic and initiative to learn processes
- Willing and able to be trained in cross functional tasks to support plant needs
- Field experience pertaining to repair of typical process plant fixed and rotating equipment
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and take corrective action within an industrial setting
- Must be willing and able to work overtime to continually support 24/7 Plant Operations
- Ability to lift and move objects that weigh up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to climb ladders and work at heights greater than 50 feet
- Ability to perform work outdoors in all weather conditions (cold, hot, humid, rain, snow, etc)
- Ability to perform work in PPE for extended periods of time