AdvanSix plays a critical role in global supply chains, innovating and delivering essential products for our customers in a wide variety of end markets and applications that touch people’s lives, such as building and construction, fertilizers, plastics, solvents, packaging, paints, coatings, adhesives and electronics. Our reliable and sustainable supply of quality products emerges from the vertically integrated value chain of our three U.S.-based manufacturing facilities. AdvanSix strives to deliver best-in-class customer experiences and differentiated products in the industries of nylon solutions, chemical intermediates, and plant nutrients, guided by our core values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Respect. More information on AdvanSix can be found at https://www.advansix.com.
Position Summary: The Payroll Manager is responsible for overseeing the payroll function, including day-to-day operations to ensure accurate and timely payroll. This position should have a clear understanding of business policies and procedures and employ a continuous improvement mindset for all activities and processes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ensure all payroll and legislative deadlines are met across payroll, managing exceptions as necessary
· Oversee payroll tax and other payroll accounting services with third-party partners
· Ensure compliance with payroll tax filings and related returns, issuing W-2 forms accurately and within established deadlines
· Liaise with the external payroll team to ensure smooth payroll processes
· Track performance and measure operations to ensure that payroll delivers on requirements
· Acts as point of escalation for the team and customers ensuring effective handling and resolution of issues
· Keep up to date with statutory, legislative, and revenue impacts on the payroll environment and communicate to the team
· Lead process improvement projects to enable productivity and customer satisfaction gains
· Establish internal business control teams, ensuring SOX compliance and payroll data quality assurance
· Provide coaching to team on payroll processes and performance metrics
· Ensure company SOPs are built, continuously reviewed, and updated
· Serve as primary liaison between Payroll and Finance to resolve any issues and reconciliations
· Identify any potential tax implications of new hires
· Audit all payroll requests according to their level or criticality
· Follow up on any past due requests or when escalating issues
· Perform error resolution process
· 7+ years of experience in a data entry role or payroll position and 2 years leading a payroll team
· FCP or CPP certification preferred
· Experience in multi-state, union payroll environment
· Bachelor’s degree in HR, Finance, Business Administration, or related field/ commensurate experience
· Experience managing multiple pay cycles
· Strong understanding of payroll and payroll tax laws, regulations, and processes
· Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office; intermediate to expert skills in Microsoft Excel
· Work experience with Ceridian, ADP, Kronos, or similar systems tools
· Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize activities
· Strong customer service focus
· Attention to detail and confidentiality requirements a must
· Good team building and development skills
· Excellent analytical skills
· Ability to deal effectively with customers of all levels within the organization
· Ability to identify issues and be proactive in process improvements or problem resolution
· Must be flexible and able to shift priorities in a changing environment
· Strong organizational and time management skills to prioritize and plan tasks to meet deadlines
· Some travel may be required
At AdvanSix, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past work experience doesn’t perfectly align with every qualification in the job posting, we encourage you to still apply. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
AdvanSix is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of AdvanSix about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at AdvanSix via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of AdvanSix, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by AdvanSix for this position and a valid agreement with AdvanSix is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the AdvanSix agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.