AdvanSix plays a critical role in global supply chains, innovating and delivering essential products for our customers in a wide variety of end markets and applications that touch people’s lives, such as building and construction, fertilizers, plastics, solvents, packaging, paints, coatings, adhesives and electronics. Our reliable and sustainable supply of quality products emerges from the vertically integrated value chain of our three U.S.-based manufacturing facilities. AdvanSix strives to deliver best-in-class customer experiences and differentiated products in the industries of nylon solutions, chemical intermediates, and plant nutrients, guided by our core values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Respect. More information on AdvanSix can be found at https://www.advansix.com.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interpreting technical drawings and recreating piping details in the shop and field
- Within capabilities, bolting, clamping, and welding together metal components of products such as piping systems, plate, pipe and tube or structural shapes, using arc and arc gas welding equipment
- May be welding in flat, horizontal, vertical, or overhead position
- Removing, fabricating, and welding in fixed equipment repair panels
- Within capabilities, performs welding repairs to boiler and exchanger tubes and tube sheets
- Selecting type and size of pipe and related materials and equipment, according to job specification
- Within capabilities, selecting equipment and plan guying layouts, assembly, and welding, applying knowledge of geometry, physical properties of metal, weld shrinkage and welding techniques
The tasks listed under the heading of Duties and Responsibilities are examples of the variety and general nature of duties performed by employees in this position. The list is descriptive only and should be used for no other purposes. It is not intended that any position include every duty listed nor is it intended that related duties cannot be required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Licensed Journeyman-level pipefitter/welder or successful completion of state certified apprenticeship program or equivalent relative craft experience
- 5 years industrial experience
- 5 years of experience in pipefitting and/or welding
- Pipefitter with welding experience preferred
- Knowledge of the tools, principles, methods, and techniques used in the pipefitting and welding trades
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations and ability to comply with OSHA procedures
- Ability to perform minor rigging and signaling of cranes
- Ability to operate and maintain grinding equipment
- Ability to fabricate and roll plate
- Ability to read and interpret structural and isometric drawings
- Ability to perform basic math computations
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
At AdvanSix, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past work experience doesn’t perfectly align with every qualification in the job posting, we encourage you to still apply. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
AdvanSix is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of AdvanSix about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at AdvanSix via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of AdvanSix, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by AdvanSix for this position and a valid agreement with AdvanSix is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the AdvanSix agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.