AdvanSix plays a critical role in global supply chains, innovating and delivering essential products for our customers in a wide variety of end markets and applications that touch people’s lives, such as building and construction, fertilizers, plastics, solvents, packaging, paints, coatings, adhesives and electronics. Our reliable and sustainable supply of quality products emerges from the vertically integrated value chain of our three U.S.-based manufacturing facilities. AdvanSix strives to deliver best-in-class customer experiences and differentiated products in the industries of nylon solutions, chemical intermediates, and plant nutrients, guided by our core values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Respect. More information on AdvanSix can be found at https://www.advansix.com.
Position Summary: Process Engineers 1, 2, 3, and Senior interact with the business, R&D, and plant groups to identify improvements and expansions to existing product lines. This position develops new products and processes that will sustain and grow the business This position ensures that the process engineering standards and procedures are met during the development, design, and construction phases of a project and works to improve these processes in parallel. The Process Engineer provides process technology support to operating plants.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Lead the development of Front-End Engineering Design (FEED) packages for the business segments
· Manage engineering design deliverables including:
o Process design narratives
o Scaling up laboratory and pilot scale technologies to commercialization scale
o Conducting design risk assessments
o Detailed peer reviews of process designs
o Mass and energy balances
o Process simulations
o Process Flow Diagrams, Piping, and Instrumentation Diagrams
o Control system narratives
o Process equipment and instrumentation sizing and specification development
o Leading Process Hazard Analysis/HAZOP activities
o Supporting capital project engineers through detailed design, equipment purchases, construction, and startup
· Become an expert on the process chemistry, operating philosophy, and the process design basis for the equipment
· Work within teams to identify and implement longer term process improvement efforts, with the overall goal being to achieve improved safety, higher yields, better production rates, and higher attainment
· Identify and implement improvements on basic control schemes and advanced process control strategies
· Develop process economics, feasibility studies, and project justification pitches
· Assist plant operations in key growth, cost savings, or stability projects
· Ensure quality assurance of engineering calculations, process simulations, and engineering drawings
· Bachelor’s degree in chemical or mechanical engineering
· Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt certification
· 0-10 years of experience in process, production, and/or manufacturing engineering within the chemical, petroleum, and/or polymer industrial manufacturing environments
· Experience with Front-End-Loading (FEL) and stage gate project development for major capital projects
· Experience in polymer/resin processing
· Experience in solids handling and/or fertilizer manufacturing
· Experience in large and small molecule production at an industrial scale
· Experience in major and minor process equipment design, selection, commissioning, and startup
· Experience in designing and executing projects
· Proficient in Aspen Plus, PipeFlo, Minitab, Excel, InstruCalc, Autodesk Navisworks Freedom, Uniformance
· Experience in Process Safety Management covered processes
· Familiarity with DCS programs such as Experion, Foxboro, or DeltaV
· Must be self-motivated and goal-oriented with proven success working independently and in a multi-functional team environment
· Excellent organizational, planning, and verbal and written communication skills
· Able to manage multiple projects
· Able to use influence to accomplish goals and objectives
Don’t meet every single requirement? At AdvanSix, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
AdvanSix is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of AdvanSix about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at AdvanSix via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of AdvanSix, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by AdvanSix for this position and a valid agreement with AdvanSix is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the AdvanSix agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.