AdvanSix plays a critical role in global supply chains, innovating and delivering essential products for our customers in a wide variety of end markets and applications that touch people’s lives, such as building and construction, fertilizers, plastics, solvents, packaging, paints, coatings, adhesives and electronics. Our reliable and sustainable supply of quality products emerges from the vertically integrated value chain of our three U.S.-based manufacturing facilities. AdvanSix strives to deliver best-in-class customer experiences and differentiated products in the industries of nylon solutions, chemical intermediates, and plant nutrients, guided by our core values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Respect. More information on AdvanSix can be found at https://www.advansix.com.
Position Summary: Our Production Engineers 1, 2, 3, and Senior are responsible for supporting plant operations in meeting daily KPIs by providing troubleshooting, rapid problem solving, and process improvements. The Production Engineers will develop strategies for projects to improve plant performance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Improve the baseline value of key area metrics toward entitlement values (or beyond entitlement values where possible) through contributions to high-impact Six Sigma teams
· Execute “Improve” and “Control” steps in Six Sigma DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve & Control) process
· Restore baseline values of key area metrics for which restoration attempts by the Production department have been unsuccessful (for problems other than mechanical breakdown)
· Troubleshoot area process issues and de-bottleneck systems to maintain safety and environmental compliance and/or maximize production
· Ensure daily Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are met or exceeded
· Implement robust control plans for process improvement projects by fully utilizing DCS (distributed control system) capabilities
· Responsible for accurate production loss data entry into the Attainment Loss (ADCA) system
· Responsible for area DCS alarm management
· Monitor production in terms of quality, yield throughout cycle times, process parameters, and safety and environmental regulations
· Complete work using the fundamentals of process simulation with simulation program(s)
· Design a range of unit operations including reaction, distillation, refrigeration, fired heaters, and heat exchangers
· Interact with the operating personnel and other departments to facilitate production, process trouble-shooting, and equipment maintenance
· Provide integrations of manufacturing input for safety, quality, reliability, and operability into design
· Perform process engineering calculations and comprehend PI&D drawings for the purposes of trouble-shooting and process modifications
· Assist with SOP and training material development
· Other work as required
· Bachelor’s degree in chemical or mechanical engineering
· Six Sigma certification preferred
· 1-10 years of experience in process, production, or like environment such as refinery, pulp & paper, pharmaceutical, or petrochemical
· Ability to be self-directed in managing multiple priorities
· Experience in Petrochemical/chemical-based manufacturing such as ammonia, urea, methanol, etc. preferred
· Experience with process simulation tools such as ASPEN, HTRI, and pipe hydraulics programs
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of an organization and ability to work in a team environment
· Demonstrated ability to use influencing skills to accomplish goals and objectives
· Knowledgeable in areas of process equipment, chemistry, and controls
· Lean manufacturing experience is a plus
· Proficient in Microsoft Office
Don’t meet every single requirement? At AdvanSix, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
AdvanSix is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of AdvanSix about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at AdvanSix via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of AdvanSix, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by AdvanSix for this position and a valid agreement with AdvanSix is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the AdvanSix agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.