AdvanSix plays a critical role in global supply chains, innovating and delivering essential products for our customers in a wide variety of end markets and applications that touch people’s lives, such as building and construction, fertilizers, plastics, solvents, packaging, paints, coatings, adhesives, and electronics. Our reliable and sustainable supply of quality products emerges from the vertically integrated value chain of our three U.S. based manufacturing facilities. AdvanSix strives to deliver best-in-class customer experiences and differentiated products in the industries of nylon solutions, chemical intermediates, and plant nutrients, guided by our core values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Respect.
Why work at AdvanSix?
• We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being
• Total Rewards program includes a competitive compensation, health, dental, vision & wellness programs, paid vacation, 401K with company matching, health savings programs, disability & life insurance, employee assistance program
• Tuition reimbursement for continued education, certifications, training, and development
• Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
The Project Engineer is responsible for reinvesting earnings back into the plant by executing projects, such as upgrading existing equipment, construction of equipment to comply with new regulations, construction of projects to expand plant capacity, and installation of equipment to save the company money. The Project Engineer works throughout the lifecycle of these projects and interfaces with multiple engineering disciplines throughout the design, construction, commissioning, and closure of a project. The Project Engineer develops quotes for equipment, and work packages for project construction. Overall, the Project Engineer must prioritize the portfolio of capital projects and ensure successful execution for the site.
Summary of the Main Responsibilities:
Ensure the safe execution of all projects managed or in assigned areas, while working with appropriate Health, Safety, Environmental (HSE) personnel ensuring all government agency requirements (i.e., permits, notifications) are satisfied
- Manage the execution of small capital investments through their entire life cycles in areas assigned: including prioritization, scope development, risk assessments, budgeting, engineering/design, procurement, construction execution, commissioning, startup, and project closure documentation
- Integrate plant personnel to ensure results that meet the needs of the plant customers
- Manage the overall effort leading to an approved Appropriation Request (AR)
- Prepare bid packages and requests for quotes for materials, equipment, and services
- Monitor and control projects to meet the stated objectives and metrics commitments in the AR (both managed and in areas assigned) and maintain a working knowledge of project controls (estimating, scheduling, and cost control), discipline engineering and construction management
- Interface with key site and company personnel to make maximum use of available resources, such functions will include, but not limited to, site engineering resources, purchasing, operations, systems, and business engineering, as well as equipment vendors, contracting firms
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or construction management REQIIRED
- 0-3 years of engineering work experience in Petro-chemical industries or similar industrial plant experience
- Working knowledge of industrial work practices as related to Health, Safety, and Environmental impacts
Overview of the Team:
Capital Engineering is an integrated in-house engineering team consisting of 17 members who are required to complete the end-to-end execution of capital projects. This includes process engineering, project management, discipline engineering and design, project controls and construction management. This team is responsible for executing projects for the site and business, and therefore interacts with cross functional teams to ensure projects are completed with the appropriate scope, on-time, and on-budget to meet the overall objective.
Opportunities for Career Growth and/or Training:
This role also works closely with Operations, Maintenance, HS&E, and business teams, so it has high visibility across many areas in the company. Therefore, the successful candidate can build an excellent reputation which can lead to many growth opportunities, such as roles in equal or increasing responsibility in Engineering, Operations, Procurement, and other cross functional areas.
AdvanSix is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of AdvanSix about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at AdvanSix via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of AdvanSix, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by AdvanSix for this position and a valid agreement with AdvanSix is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the AdvanSix agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.