AdvanSix plays a critical role in global supply chains, innovating and delivering essential products for our customers in a wide variety of end markets and applications that touch people’s lives, such as building and construction, fertilizers, plastics, solvents, packaging, paints, coatings, adhesives and electronics. Our reliable and sustainable supply of quality products emerges from the vertically integrated value chain of our three U.S.-based manufacturing facilities. AdvanSix strives to deliver best-in-class customer experiences and differentiated products in the industries of nylon solutions, chemical intermediates, and plant nutrients, guided by our core values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Respect. More information on AdvanSix can be found at https://www.advansix.com.
- This position is responsible driving capital projects at the Nylon business at AdvanSix. This position will work closely with the business and operations teams for the end-to-end project execution of the portfolio of growth projects for the Chemical Intermediates business.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the execution of capital investments through their entire life cycle while working the prioritization with the business and
Site ACE: including prioritization, scope development, risk assessments, budgeting, engineering/design, procurement, construction execution, commissioning, startup, and project closure documentation. Integrate plant personnel to ensure results that meet the needs of the plant Customers.
- Lead cross functional project team of business, technology, capital, operations, and HS&E team members. This may include project engineers or project managers to assist with large capital project execution. Interface with key site and company personnel to make maximum use of available resources. Such functions will include, but not limited to, site engineering resources, purchasing, operations, systems, and business engineering, as well as equipment vendors, contracting firms.
- Ensure all FEL deliverables are complete prior to gate approval
- Prepare bid packages and requests for quotes for materials, equipment and services.
- Prepare and issue work packages to construction.
- Monitor and control projects to meet the stated objectives and metrics commitments in the AR (both managed and in areas assigned). Working knowledge of Project Controls (Estimating, Scheduling, and Cost Control).
- Oversee appropriate maintenance and records of all drawings, specifications, programs, and other documentation for such managed projects
- Responsible for forecasting, managing, and reporting out project scope, cost and schedule on a monthly basis
- Ensure the safe execution of all projects managed while working with appropriate HSE personnel ensuring all government agency requirements (i.e., permits, notifications) are satisfied.
- Work closely with the Business Controller and Sponsors to provide project evaluation and economic analysis on the capital investments for such managed projects. Manage the overall effort leading to an approved Appropriation Request (AR).
- Advocate for strong safety awareness program with a consistent implementation of policies and procedures and participate in construction safety audits and contractor safety meetings.
- Mentor early career Project Engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Chemistry, business, or a technical discipline (Chemical Engineering preferred)
- PMP Certification or 10+ years of
capital project execution and leading Front End Loading deliverables and stage
- Master’s degree/MBA preferred
At AdvanSix, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past work experience doesn’t perfectly align with every qualification in the job posting, we encourage you to still apply. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
AdvanSix is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of AdvanSix about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at AdvanSix via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of AdvanSix, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by AdvanSix for this position and a valid agreement with AdvanSix is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the AdvanSix agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.