AdvanSix plays a critical role in global supply chains, innovating and delivering essential products for our customers in a wide variety of end markets and applications that touch people’s lives, such as building and construction, fertilizers, plastics, solvents, packaging, paints, coatings, adhesives, and electronics. Our reliable and sustainable supply of quality products emerges from the vertically integrated value chain of our three U.S. based manufacturing facilities. AdvanSix strives to deliver best-in-class customer experiences and differentiated products in the industries of nylon solutions, chemical intermediates, and plant nutrients, guided by our core values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Respect.
Why work at AdvanSix?
• We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being
• Total Rewards program includes a competitive compensation, health, dental, vision & wellness programs, paid vacation, 401K with company matching, health savings programs, disability & life insurance, employee assistance program
• Tuition reimbursement for continued education, certifications, training, and development
• Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating AdvanSix sites)
• Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
Position Summary: The PSM Leader is responsible for leading a highly trained team of PSM engineers and driving continuous improvements in processes and production.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with site functions to continue enhancement of process safety culture and improve process safety competence, tracking systems, and performance.
- Track plant process safety incidents. Evaluate data for common causes, chronic problems, and reoccurring events. Work with plant team to identify root causes and identify/implement actions to prevent reoccurrence.
- Partner with site functions to ensure PSM compliance at the site. This will include all procedure updates and training, appropriate use of management of change, closure of action items, and timely inspections/calibrations.
- Participate on the site’s Risk Management team.
- Ensure effectiveness of risk mitigation. Support plant abnormal/new procedure development through tools such as PHA, LOPA, HAZOP, release modeling, etc.
- Participate in auditing of PSM elements at the site and potentially other AdvanSix locations.
- Based on past experience, become subject matter expert for one, or more, of the PSM elements for AdvanSix.
- Active participation in external leading practice organizations such as the ACC (especially the central Virginia regional PSM network) and the CCPS.
- Active member of the site’s Technical Service team and Event review (IIRC) activities.
- Bachelors Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering required.
- Minimum 10 years Chemical Engineering experience required.
- Minimum of 4 years process safety experience.
- Project management experience
- Six Sigma certification
- PHA leader experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience influencing within an organization
- Release modeling and LOPA experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with hourly union and salaried coworkers at all levels of an organization
AdvanSix is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of AdvanSix about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at AdvanSix via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of AdvanSix, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by AdvanSix for this position and a valid agreement with AdvanSix is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the AdvanSix agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.