AdvanSix plays a critical role in global supply chains, innovating and delivering essential products for our customers in a wide variety of end markets and applications that touch people’s lives, such as building and construction, fertilizers, plastics, solvents, packaging, paints, coatings, adhesives and electronics. Our reliable and sustainable supply of quality products emerges from the vertically integrated value chain of our three U.S.-based manufacturing facilities. AdvanSix strives to deliver best-in-class customer experiences and differentiated products in the industries of nylon solutions, chemical intermediates, and plant nutrients, guided by our core values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Respect. More information on AdvanSix can be found at https://www.advansix.com.
If you have previous experience selling into the Industrial or Specialty Chemicals space, AdvanSix may be your next best career move!
- Sales Manager is responsible for building relationships with existing and growing customer base in the Industrial and Ag use segments for our Ammonium Sulfate package products. Knowledge of Fertilizer and Crop Production uses for Ammonium Sulfate would be a major asset. Applicants with Crop Protection experience, specifically the dry and liquid adjuvant markets would have an advantage in securing this employment opportunity. This position analyzes the distributor value chain, grows, and maintain
in depth knowledge of key customer organizations, and develops relationships
with customers at the appropriate buying levels in the organization
(Owner/President through purchasing and operations).
- NOTE: This position is based out of Richmond Virginia, but the right candidate can work from home anywhere in the US.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build effective relationships with senior executives and other key individuals within customer organizations
- Execute a sales strategy and annual operating plan for assigned products related to each existing account
- Manage distribution of “Sold To" entities, understanding where they reside in the value chain
- Manage pricing changes at the customer level ensuring forecasted sales revenues and operating income objectives are achieved
- Develop and maintain an energetic customer relationship with strategic targeted accounts
- Identify new customer and new market opportunities within existing markets
- Develop and keep updated a Strategic Key Account customer plan for top accounts
- Actively maintain a list of customer needs within the region, in excess of forecast, to allow AdvanSix to optimize product placement in distribution and the export markets
- Maintain updated analysis of market demand/supply changes, fundamental shifts in pricing, competitive directional strategy changes, and its potential impact to AdvanSix and the distributor and export markets
- Understand and monitor changes in the distributor value chain to optimize the company’s position in distribution and the export markets
- Participate in cross-functional collaboration with marketing, product management, supply chain, customer service and research & development
- Work with marketing to review NPI/Growth opportunities for the region
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant equivalent experience, working directly with distributors and key end-user customers
- 5+ years of experience in Industrial Chemicals sales and distribution
- Sales/Marketing background.
- Understanding of distribution value chain management requirements
- Some travel is required (30%)
- Effectively proven experience to manage large complex accounts with multiple ship-to locations u
- Practical yet effectual ability to work well with numerous personality traits and styles
- Proven ability to successfully navigate the higher levels of customer organizations
- Ability to work independently using proven sales processes, successful negotiating, and persuasion skills
Don’t meet every single requirement? At AdvanSix, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
AdvanSix is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of AdvanSix about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at AdvanSix via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of AdvanSix, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by AdvanSix for this position and a valid agreement with AdvanSix is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the AdvanSix agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.