AdvanSix plays a critical role in global supply chains, innovating and delivering essential products for our customers in a wide variety of end markets and applications that touch people’s lives, such as building and construction, fertilizers, plastics, solvents, packaging, paints, coatings, adhesives and electronics. Our reliable and sustainable supply of quality products emerges from the vertically integrated value chain of our three U.S.-based manufacturing facilities. AdvanSix strives to deliver best-in-class customer experiences and differentiated products in the industries of nylon solutions, chemical intermediates, and plant nutrients, guided by our core values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Respect. More information on AdvanSix can be found at https://www.advansix.com.
- The Sr .HR Generalist is responsible for human resources activities at the plant. Specifically, this role’s responsibilities include employee training and development, employee relations, and labor relations. This role is responsible for partnering with subject matter experts on elements of HR at the plant, including strategic workforce planning, daily HR Operations, and the implementation of HR policies and practices including employee relations, talent acquisition, compensation, benefits, HRIS, training, and organizational development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with site leadership to support business objectives and provide Human Resources administrative support
- Serve as the backup for the Human Resources Manager as needed
- Assist management to assess and develop site talent, including front line supervision, and drive Change Management
- Ensure a positive employee relations environment through strong relationships at all levels of the organization
- Support senior management and Human Resources Manager(s) in counseling and coaching, employees and supervisors, addressing interpersonal and behavioral challenges
- Execute AdvanSix Human Resources programs, including Performance and Development and Compensation Planning
- Assist in developing human resources strategies that integrate with defined business strategies and identify implications and required actions and plans
- Assure legal and regulatory compliance across the site, manage the claim response in coordination with legal for EEOC, Code of Conduct, Discrimination, Harassment, and other policy issues
- Work with HS&E leadership to implement effective programs and meet site objectives in Health, Safety, and Environmental focus
- Support a local talent program including the talent and succession planning tools and processes across the site
- Conduct internal investigations
- Contribute to the ongoing effort to sustain and grow a positive employee and labor relations environment
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or technical discipline
- 3+ years of HR Generalist experience
- Certification in HR Management, PHR, or SPHR is a plus
- Experience in similar, unionized industry preferred
- Previous experience in a manufacturing plant environment
- Demonstrated ability to understand and promote the linkage between business operation objectives, initiatives, and human resources activities
- Acts with Leadership and Integrity
- Change agent with ability to influence others
- Passion for change and continuous improvement
- Knowledge of contemporary HR processes and manufacturing processes, including Continuous Improvement mindset
- Project Management skills, with ability to manage priorities and drive execution in a matrixed organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Knowledge of federal and state regulations affecting HR (ex. FMLA, EEOC, NLRA, etc.).
- Previous experience working in a Six Sigma or Lean environment
- Labor relations experience desired
Don’t meet every single requirement? At AdvanSix, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
AdvanSix is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of AdvanSix about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at AdvanSix via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of AdvanSix, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by AdvanSix for this position and a valid agreement with AdvanSix is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the AdvanSix agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.