AdvanSix plays a critical role in global supply chains, innovating and delivering essential products for our customers in a wide variety of end markets and applications that touch people’s lives, such as building and construction, fertilizers, plastics, solvents, packaging, paints, coatings, adhesives, and electronics. Our reliable and sustainable supply of quality products emerges from the vertically integrated value chain of our three U.S. based manufacturing facilities. AdvanSix strives to deliver best-in-class customer experiences and differentiated products in the industries of nylon solutions, chemical intermediates, and plant nutrients, guided by our core values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Respect.
Why work at AdvanSix?
• We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being
• Total Rewards program includes a competitive compensation, health, dental, vision & wellness programs, paid vacation, 401K with company matching, health savings programs, disability & life insurance, employee assistance program
• Tuition reimbursement for continued education, certifications, training, and development
• Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating AdvanSix sites)
• Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
Join AdvanSix as a Senior Auditor and be part of a dynamic and high-performing team. As a Senior Auditor, you will play a crucial role in exploring, analyzing, problem-solving, and providing valuable insights to our organization. We are seeking enthusiastic, self-motivated professionals who are eager to grow their financial, operational, data analytics, and risk management skills.
Key Highlights and Main Responsibilities:
- Plan, manage and execute financial, operational, integrated and compliance engagements. This includes supporting management & external auditors with Sarbanes Oxley testing.
- Execute timely and accurate engagement planning, testing, and wrap-up/reporting while taking a risk-based approach that suits each client’s specific environment and business.
- Conduct independent and objective reviews across AdvanSix, partnering with management to identify value added control and process improvement recommendations.
- Demonstrate a confident and well-developed communication style, both written and spoken, that establishes credibility and facilitates clear business acumen to business leaders.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or other business-related discipline.
- At least four years of relevant work experience in the areas of internal controls, internal audits, finance and/or SOX compliance.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with a public accounting firm or large multi-national organization.
- Prior experience in Accounting/ Auditing preferred with the ability to demonstrate they have been a top performer in prior roles.
- Consulting experience, CPA, ACCA, CISSP, CIA, CFE or CISA.
- Experience with SAP and/or data analytics (SQL, ACL)
- Knowledge of US GAAP and internal auditing standards and requirements, as set out by IIA, ISACA, and BIS.
Overview of the Team:
- The Internal Audit Team at AdvanSix consists of seven individuals who value teamwork and encourage each other to continuously improve. We work as a cohesive team supporting each other to accomplish our common goals, while challenging each other to continually improve. This position partners with all levels of management. The Team also proactively works to develop innovative and efficient solutions to address areas of improvement.
Opportunities for Career Growth and/or Training:
- This position is perfect for candidates who have a desire to make a direct impact to business operations and develop leadership skills. Individuals will have opportunities to interact with Sr. Management at all levels of the organization and engage with the stakeholders to improve the functionality of assessed areas. With this type of visibility, along with the types of skills you will learn, this position can lead to other exciting opportunities to grow within the department, as well within the organization.
AdvanSix is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of AdvanSix about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at AdvanSix via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of AdvanSix, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by AdvanSix for this position and a valid agreement with AdvanSix is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the AdvanSix agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.