AdvanSix plays a critical role in global supply chains, innovating and delivering essential products for our customers in a wide variety of end markets and applications that touch people’s lives, such as building and construction, fertilizers, plastics, solvents, packaging, paints, coatings, adhesives and electronics. Our reliable and sustainable supply of quality products emerges from the vertically integrated value chain of our three U.S.-based manufacturing facilities. AdvanSix strives to deliver best-in-class customer experiences and differentiated products in the industries of nylon solutions, chemical intermediates, and plant nutrients, guided by our core values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Respect. More information on AdvanSix can be found at https://www.advansix.com.
- The Senior Logistics Manager is accountable for development and implementation of end to end logistics strategy, vision and execution in partnership with functional and business teams. This individual must have excellent leadership skills and ensure that the roles within the team are aligned with the functional and business teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a strategy/vision for logistics, communicate and use influencing skills to gain leadership and peer support for this vision
- Lead a team of logistics procurement and execution leaders to effectively execute the cross functional freight & distribution process, communicate effectively, and continuously improve
- Provide Economic data and market outlook analysis in context of the industry to support annual operating planning and five-year strategic planning. Provide cost to serve data to commercial teams as needed/requested
- Lead Freight & Distribution productivity initiatives. Implement and lead processes to drive productivity as well as implement culture and focus to drive a constant focus on continuous improvement.
- Provide strategy and oversight to bids and auctions with logistics service providers including contraction negotiation strategy.
- Manage the Freight & Distribution spend budget. Analyze & report out on spend drivers, explain variances, and formulate solutions.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to the Leadership Teams and others on the logistics spend performance, logistics operations/delivery performance, and performance of the productivity program
- Accountable for logistics vendor management and performance. Manage the overall relationship with carriers and providers. Acquire additional carriers/providers as required by business operational needs
- Investigate logistics issues and drive root cause analysis & implementation of corrective actions
- Support commercial teams on logistics components of strategic projects, transactional pricing, and new product introduction
- Serve as owner for export/import trade compliance. Engage 3rd party as needed to facilitate trade compliance needs
- Ensure overall effectiveness of logistics operations for the business
- Manage all logistics Assets/Fleets, including maintenance, renewal, and fleet size optimization
- Interact with teams and leaders to facilitate problem identification, alternatives and decision-making process with the stakeholders.
- Be a role model and mentor for your team, peers and stakeholders in both behaviors and results.
- Bachelor’s degree or related experience
- 7+ years of experience with demonstrated success in a number of Logistics, Supply Chain and/or Manufacturing roles
- 3+ years experience leading a team
- Advanced degree preferred
- Strong financial & business acumen
- APICS CPIM or CSCP Certification
- SAP system experience a plus
- Excellent Leadership and Communication skills
- Experience managing people and ability to influence up, down and across the organization
- Significant Supply Chain & International Business experience
- Demonstrated deep analytical skills
- Demonstrated Project Management Skills and ability to build high performing teams that achieve results
- Six Sigma Greenbelt Certification a plus
- Solid understanding of Global Transportation & Logistics, S&OP, Procurement, and Project Mgmt
At AdvanSix, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past work experience doesn’t perfectly align with every qualification in the job posting, we encourage you to still apply. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
AdvanSix is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of AdvanSix about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at AdvanSix via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of AdvanSix, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by AdvanSix for this position and a valid agreement with AdvanSix is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the AdvanSix agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.