AdvanSix plays a critical role in global supply chains, innovating and delivering essential products for our customers in a wide variety of end markets and applications that touch people’s lives, such as building and construction, fertilizers, plastics, solvents, packaging, paints, coatings, adhesives and electronics. Our reliable and sustainable supply of quality products emerges from the vertically integrated value chain of our three U.S.-based manufacturing facilities. AdvanSix strives to deliver best-in-class customer experiences and differentiated products in the industries of nylon solutions, chemical intermediates, and plant nutrients, guided by our core values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Respect. More information on AdvanSix can be found at https://www.advansix.com.
LOOKING FOR RECENT GRADS
- The Accountant is responsible for performing accounting operations and ensuring all transactions are recorded in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). The Accountant is responsible for preparing monthly financial statements and maintaining the general ledger.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform general accounting operations and maintain accounting records
- Prepare financial statements to include preparation of monthly balance sheet, income statement, and sales reports
- Prepare journal entries and conduct general ledger operations
- Partner with other departments to ensure all transactions are correctly maintained within the general ledger
- Support monthly closing process
- Complete reconciliation of monthly closings and maintain balance sheet accounts
- Participate in year-end audit and preparation of schedules and documentation
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present results to other members in accounting
- Verify, post, and reconcile transactions
- Complete and/or assist with special projects
- Conduct ad hoc reporting as specified
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field or relevant working experience.
- 0-2 years of experience in Accounting
- 0-2 years of experience using accounting principles and practices/US GAAP
- Comprehensive technical accounting skills; strong Excel skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong planning and organizing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Ability to take initiative on all accounting functions relevant to position
- Ability to manage highly confidential information
- Ability to work cross-functionally and support various areas of the business
- Ability to communicate across all audiences with varying degrees of accounting knowledge
- Some travel may be required
At AdvanSix, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past work experience doesn’t perfectly align with every qualification in the job posting, we encourage you to still apply. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
AdvanSix is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of AdvanSix about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at AdvanSix via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of AdvanSix, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by AdvanSix for this position and a valid agreement with AdvanSix is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the AdvanSix agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.