AdvanSix plays a critical role in global supply chains, innovating and delivering essential products for our customers in a wide variety of end markets and applications that touch people’s lives, such as building and construction, fertilizers, plastics, solvents, packaging, paints, coatings, adhesives and electronics. Our reliable and sustainable supply of quality products emerges from the vertically integrated value chain of our three U.S.-based manufacturing facilities. AdvanSix strives to deliver best-in-class customer experiences and differentiated products in the industries of nylon solutions, chemical intermediates, and plant nutrients, guided by our core values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Respect. More information on AdvanSix can be found at https://www.advansix.com.
- The Turnaround Manager works with state-of-the-art equipment and leads a robust team to impact maintenance change and development within operations areas to ensure constant production capability.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with Turnaround Director and ISC leadership to establish site specific turnaround scope, goals, and performance metrics
- Responsible for implementation of AdvanSix turnaround processes
- Responsible for leading and managing the site’s turnaround planning process
- Directly manage and coach site Turnaround Planners
- Collaborate and integrate Capital Projects work with the Turnaround schedule
- Responsible for Turnaround execution, including HSE, timeline, and cost
- Develop and implement strategy to ensure effective compliance and skills training in place
- Drive a world class safety culture
- Conduct safety meetings and reinforce safety practices on a daily basis
- Accountable for maintaining and developing site specific Turnaround procedures
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and internal controls
- Maintain total awareness to all plant policies, regulations, and procedures and ensure proper adherence to them with respect to all operations
- Other work as required
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or electrical engineering or related field preferred
- 10+ years of experience in plant maintenance processes and reliability technology tools such as Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA), Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA), etc.
- Demonstrated ability to generate and implement work process improvements
- Knowledge of repair techniques for a broad application of equipment
- Strong skills in SAP-PM, Microsoft Office, and Production Loss Accounting Tools
- Strong organizational skills
- Operations experience is a plus
- Project management experience preferred
- Proficient in Six Sigma tools and Lean Concepts for business process improvement
- Must be highly motivated, self-directed individual with excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
Don’t meet every single requirement? At AdvanSix, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
AdvanSix is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of AdvanSix about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at AdvanSix via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of AdvanSix, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by AdvanSix for this position and a valid agreement with AdvanSix is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the AdvanSix agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.