AdvanSix plays a critical role in global supply chains, innovating and delivering essential products for our customers in a wide variety of end markets and applications that touch people’s lives, such as building and construction, fertilizers, plastics, solvents, packaging, paints, coatings, adhesives and electronics. Our reliable and sustainable supply of quality products emerges from the vertically integrated value chain of our three U.S.-based manufacturing facilities. AdvanSix strives to deliver best-in-class customer experiences and differentiated products in the industries of nylon solutions, chemical intermediates, and plant nutrients, guided by our core values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Respect. More information on AdvanSix can be found at https://www.advansix.com.
Why work at AdvanSix?
- We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being
- Total Rewards program includes a competitive compensation, health, dental, vision & wellness programs, paid vacation, 401K with company matching, health savings programs, disability & life insurance, employee assistance program
- Tuition reimbursement for continued education, certifications, training and development
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating AdvanSix sites)
- Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
The Turnaround Manager sole purpose it to ensure a smooth Turnaround process. This role has a strong impact on maintaining what has worked well in the past, updating process to stay ahead of the curve, and identifying what processes need to be updated. The Turnaround Manager not only leads the execution during the Turnaround, they also work all year to prepare and plan for a safe and effective Turnaround.
Summary of Main Responsibilities:
- Establish site specific Turnaround scope, goals, and performance metrics
- Collaborate and integrate Capital Projects work with the Turnaround schedule
- Responsible for Turnaround execution, including HSE, timeline, and cost
- Accountable for maintaining and developing site specific Turnaround procedures
- Develop and maintain long-term Site TAR Strategy to support Safe, Stable and Sustainable operations
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or electrical engineering or related field preferred
- 10+ years of experience in plant maintenance processes and reliability technology tools such as Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA), Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA), etc.
- Proficient in Six Sigma tools and Lean Concepts for business process improvement
- Strong skills in SAP-PM, Microsoft Office, and Production Loss Accounting Tools
Overview of the Team:
This is a one-person department, so excellent communication and organizational skills are a must because you will be interfacing with planners, controllers, maintenance, operations, and other Teams. You must be able to drive performance and influence other parties who do not directly work for you. Small but mighty, you are responsible for the whole turnaround playbook.
Opportunities for Career Growth and/or Training:
This position provides an excellent opportunity to hone your project management, budget creation, budget management, and project execution skills. This position can lead to other opportunities in the company, such as Maintenance Manager, Maintenance Execution Leader, Front Line Supervisor or Capital Project Manager, to name a few.
AdvanSix is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of AdvanSix about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at AdvanSix via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of AdvanSix, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by AdvanSix for this position and a valid agreement with AdvanSix is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the AdvanSix agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.