AdvanSix plays a critical role in global supply chains, innovating and delivering essential products for our customers in a wide variety of end markets and applications that touch people’s lives, such as building and construction, fertilizers, plastics, solvents, packaging, paints, coatings, adhesives, and electronics. Our reliable and sustainable supply of quality products emerges from the vertically integrated value chain of our three U.S. based manufacturing facilities. AdvanSix strives to deliver best-in-class customer experiences and differentiated products in the industries of nylon solutions, chemical intermediates, and plant nutrients, guided by our core values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Respect.
Why work at AdvanSix?
• We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being
• Total Rewards program includes a competitive compensation, health, dental, vision & wellness programs, paid vacation, 401K with company matching, health savings programs, disability & life insurance, employee assistance program
• Tuition reimbursement for continued education, certifications, training, and development
• Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating AdvanSix sites)
• Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
The Vendor Maintenance Specialist is responsible for managing the vendors and processing of 1099’s. This position is part of our Finance development program, which allow the employee to rotate into different finance areas including, Treasury, FP&A, Logistics, Procurement, Finance and Audit.
The Freight and Accounts Payable departments are responsible for processing and reconciling invoices, issuing payments, and applying transactions to our general ledger. The Vendor Maitenance and Logistics Specialist positions will provide support to our freight and accounts payable operations and be responsible for the day-to-day tasks associated with the payment cycle to ensure accuracy of the organization’s financial documents for payment, audit and tax purposes. You will be required to work within various systems to ensure all vendors are paid according to terms.
- Ensure vendors are updated and added in a timely manner
- Ensure consistency and accuracy of banking information
- Ensure data is following company requirements and governance standards
- Work closely with the AP Team and Procurement
- Respond to inquiries from internal or external customers
- GTS daily review for sanctions
- Daily review of vendors blocked for banking validation or payment hold
- Maintain metrics
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field, or relevant working experience
- Microsoft Office – word and Excel
- Accounts Payable or vendor maintenance experience 2 years
- Experience with 1099’s helpful
- Experience with accounts payable
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks and interact effectively across multiple departments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be detail oriented
- Strong problem-solving skills
AdvanSix is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of AdvanSix about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at AdvanSix via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of AdvanSix, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by AdvanSix for this position and a valid agreement with AdvanSix is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the AdvanSix agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.