AdvanSix plays a critical role in global supply chains, innovating and delivering essential products for our customers in a wide variety of end markets and applications that touch people’s lives, such as building and construction, fertilizers, plastics, solvents, packaging, paints, coatings, adhesives and electronics. Our reliable and sustainable supply of quality products emerges from the vertically integrated value chain of our three U.S. based manufacturing facilities. AdvanSix strives to deliver best-in-class customer experiences and differentiated products in the industries of nylon solutions, chemical intermediates, and plant nutrients, guided by our core values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Respect.
Please view a short video about our company here, AdvanSix Video. For more information on AdvanSix, please visit our website at https://www.advansix.com.
Why work at AdvanSix?
- We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being
- Total Rewards program includes a competitive compensation, health, dental, vision & wellness programs, paid vacation, 401K with company matching, health savings programs, disability & life insurance, employee assistance program
- Tuition reimbursement for continued education, certifications, training and development
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating AdvanSix sites)
- Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
Position Summary: The Environmental Engineer – Water Resources is responsible for managing compliance with water permits, plans and regulatory requirements for the Hopewell site. This role reports to the Environmental Leader.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain the facility water program regulatory plans, including spill, discharge control, stormwater, and emergency response plans
- Analyze regulatory and discharge trends and identify projects to drive improvements
- Manage on-site (internal) audit program of functional compliance with Environmental Procedures
- Interact with regulators to resolve compliance issues; establish permit requirements and assists in regulatory audits
- Participate in the environmental call duty rotation
- Manage compliance with NPDES and local POTW permits.
- Responsible for communication and negotiation with regulators (state and local)
- Manage General Permit for Nutrient Discharges to the Chesapeake Bay
- Manage compliance with SPCC, FRP (EPA and USCG) and Virginia AST
- Manage consultants and budget requirements (per project and annual budget)
- Work with facility engineers, managers, and outside consultants to develop water permitting applications for submittal to regulatory agencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Environmental Science, or similar field
- 1-3 years of experience working with industrial/chemical manufacturing facilities
- Working knowledge of environmental regulations and the Clean Water Act
- Knowledge of wastewater treatment operations and best management practices desirable
- Experience in chemical manufacturing environment desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of an organization and ability to work in a team environment
- Must be highly motivated, energetic, and a self-directed individual with good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with managing multiple priorities
- May be required to work in adverse weather conditions (cold, hot, humid, rain, snow, etc.)
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office