AdvanSix plays a critical role in global supply chains, innovating and delivering essential products for our customers in a wide variety of end markets and applications that touch people’s lives, such as building and construction, fertilizers, plastics, solvents, packaging, paints, coatings, adhesives, and electronics. Our reliable and sustainable supply of quality products emerges from the vertically integrated value chain of our three U.S. based manufacturing facilities. AdvanSix strives to deliver best-in-class customer experiences and differentiated products in the industries of nylon solutions, chemical intermediates, and plant nutrients, guided by our core values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Respect.
Why work at AdvanSix?
• We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being
• Total Rewards program includes a competitive compensation, health, dental, vision & wellness programs, paid vacation, 401K with company matching, health savings programs, disability & life insurance, employee assistance program
• Tuition reimbursement for continued education, certifications, training, and development
• Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating AdvanSix sites)
• Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
The Material Handler receives work assignments from the area chief and/or FLS (First Line Supervisor) who is responsible for the direction and assignments of job tasks associated with the Packout area of the plant.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Loading, warehousing, and shipping of tankers, boxes, sacks, and oversea bulk containers by using various processes (manual and mechanical)
- Participate in AdvanSix OS (Operating System) principles, i.e. Standard Work, 5S, Continuous Improvement, etc.
- Obtain a forklift license
- Participate in scheduled and unscheduled outages
- Train unqualified Material Handlers
- Additional responsibilities as needed
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Must be willing to work an 8-hour rotating shift environment that includes holidays, weekends, and required overtime
- Proficiency with a computer, including programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must be able to complete a background check and drug test successfully
- Must have strong communication skills
- Must be willing and able to work in a team environment
- Must meet minimum physical requirements needed to perform essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation
- Chemical operations background/experience is preferred (at least 1 year)
- Forklift experience preferred
- Able to manage multiple priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Basic computer and troubleshooting skills
- Have a strong work ethic and initiative to learn processes
- Comfortable entering and working in confined spaces
- Required to work on uneven and sometimes slippery surfaces and in adverse weather conditions (cold, hot, humid, rain, snow, etc.)
- Ability to lift and move objects that weight up to 50 lbs., and exert up to 75 pounds pull
AdvanSix is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of AdvanSix about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at AdvanSix via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of AdvanSix, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by AdvanSix for this position and a valid agreement with AdvanSix is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the AdvanSix agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.