AdvanSix plays a critical role in global supply chains, innovating and delivering essential products for our customers in a wide variety of end markets and applications that touch people’s lives, such as building and construction, fertilizers, plastics, solvents, packaging, paints, coatings, adhesives, and electronics. Our reliable and sustainable supply of quality products emerges from the vertically integrated value chain of our three U.S. based manufacturing facilities. AdvanSix strives to deliver best-in-class customer experiences and differentiated products in the industries of nylon solutions, chemical intermediates, and plant nutrients, guided by our core values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Respect.
Why work at AdvanSix?
• We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being
• Total Rewards program includes a competitive compensation, health, dental, vision & wellness programs, paid vacation, 401K with company matching, health savings programs, disability & life insurance, employee assistance program
• Tuition reimbursement for continued education, certifications, training, and development
• Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating AdvanSix sites)
• Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
**Looking for candidates at all levels of experience, from entry level to experienced.**
The Project Engineer is responsible for reviewing chemical facilities to reinvest some of their earnings back into the plants. Some of these investments include upgrading existing equipment, construction of equipment to comply with new regulations, construction of projects to expand plant capacity, and installation of equipment to save the company money. The Project Engineer works throughout the lifecycle of these investments. This position interfaces with multiple engineering disciplines throughout the design, construction, commissioning, and closure of a project. The Project Engineer develops bid packages, quotes for equipment, and work packages for project construction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the safe execution of all projects managed or in assigned areas, while working with appropriate Health, Safety, Environmental (HSE) personnel ensuring all government agency requirements (i.e., permits, notifications) are satisfied
- Manage the execution of small capital investments through their entire life cycles in areas assigned: including prioritization, scope development, risk assessments, budgeting, engineering/design, procurement, construction execution, commissioning, startup, and project closure documentation
- Integrate plant personnel to ensure results that meet the needs of the plant customers
- Gain familiarity with capital project management processes
- Work closely with the site Finance Manager to provide project evaluation and economic analysis on the capital investments for such managed projects
- Manage the overall effort leading to an approved Appropriation Request (AR)
- Manage several smaller capital investments and/or a few larger investments simultaneously at the home site location with potential to manage projects at remote locations as well
- Prepare bid packages and requests for quotes for materials, equipment, and services
- Prepare and issue work packages to construction
- Monitor and control projects to meet the stated objectives and metrics commitments in the AR (both managed and in areas assigned) and maintain a working knowledge of project controls (estimating, scheduling, and cost control), discipline engineering and construction management
- Forecast and manage capital expenditures on a monthly basis
- Interface with key site and company personnel to make maximum use of available resources, such functions will include, but not limited to, site engineering resources, purchasing, operations, systems, and business engineering, as well as equipment vendors, contracting firms
- Handle necessary Management of Change items in areas assigned and pre-Startup Safety Review requirements on projects assigned
- Oversee appropriate maintenance and records of all drawings, specifications, programs, and other documentation for such managed projects
- Provide support for the Business Strategic Planning, Annual Operating Plan, and the Six Sigma Initiatives in order to develop appropriate capital plans/budgets
- Advocate for strong safety awareness program with a consistent implementation of policies and procedures and participate in construction safety audits and contractor safety meetings
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction Management
- 0-20 years of engineering work experience in petro-chem industries or similar industrial plant experience
- Working knowledge of industrial work practices as related to Health, Safety, and Environmental impacts
- Experience with developing project schedules (e.g. Gantt charts)
- Hands-on experience with chemical processing equipment
- Experience working outside of the office and in the field
- Proven ability to balance multiple projects with competing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to manage ambiguity, vagueness, and uncertainties
- Must be a social engineer who can collaborate with engineers from different disciplines and functional areas (e.g. engineering, finance, operations, supply chain, business development)
- Must take pride in generating results
- Must be self-driven and motivated to make improvements
- Must be able to identify and solve problems to absolute completion
AdvanSix is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of AdvanSix about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at AdvanSix via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of AdvanSix, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by AdvanSix for this position and a valid agreement with AdvanSix is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the AdvanSix agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.