AdvanSix plays a critical role in global supply chains, innovating and delivering essential products for our customers in a wide variety of end markets and applications that touch people’s lives, such as building and construction, fertilizers, plastics, solvents, packaging, paints, coatings, adhesives and electronics. Our reliable and sustainable supply of quality products emerges from the vertically integrated value chain of our three U.S.-based manufacturing facilities. AdvanSix strives to deliver best-in-class customer experiences and differentiated products in the industries of nylon solutions, chemical intermediates, and plant nutrients, guided by our core values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Respect. More information on AdvanSix can be found at https://www.advansix.com.
- The Sr. Financial Analyst is responsible for financial planning, analysis, and projection. This position performs month-end closing responsibilities and partners cross-functionally to ensure reconciliation and compliance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Controller in financial oversight of assigned portion of the business
- Perform month-end closing responsibilities including preparing multiple journal entries, coordinating and preparing month-end accruals, ensuring monthly transactions are correctly recorded, and variance analysis on spending, absorption, and yield performance
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts monthly and develop action plans and lead resolution on accounts
- Assist Controller with analysis and reporting of financial results on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis as compared with the prior year, plan, and forecast
- Develop monthly forecasts for review with the Controller
- Coordinate and lead functional cost reviews and analysis for overall R&D, supply chain, finance, and other functions as assigned
- Support the AOP (budget), strategic plan, and forecasting processes working with segment finance leaders and FP&A
- Coordinate annual physical inventory and cycle count audits
- Coordinate balance sheet reviews
- Coordinate annual fixed asset inventory audit
- Assist in blocked invoice payments and GRIR (Goods Receipt Invoice Receipt) resolution
- Maintain and improve strong internal control processes
- Implement financial process improvements to reduce cycle times, automate work, improve forecast quality, and enhance reporting and analysis processes
- Provide financial analysis on special projects as required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 4+ years of experience in accounting/finance position
- Experience working within a manufacturing facility preferred
- Strong SAP experience
- Strong Excel skills and strong knowledge of other Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to understand plant and business activities with a view broader than just the finance function
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization and communicate financial data to non-financial personnel
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be self-motivated and results oriented, proactive, and ale to prioritize to meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and capable of a high level of accuracy
- Must be process oriented, proactively question current practices, and drive improvements
- Ability to manage highly confidential information
- Some travel may be required
Don’t meet every single requirement? At AdvanSix, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
AdvanSix is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of AdvanSix about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at AdvanSix via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of AdvanSix, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by AdvanSix for this position and a valid agreement with AdvanSix is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the AdvanSix agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.