AdvanSix plays a critical role in global supply chains, innovating and delivering essential products for our customers in a wide variety of end markets and applications that touch people’s lives, such as building and construction, fertilizers, plastics, solvents, packaging, paints, coatings, adhesives, and electronics. Our reliable and sustainable supply of quality products emerges from the vertically integrated value chain of our three U.S. based manufacturing facilities. AdvanSix strives to deliver best-in-class customer experiences and differentiated products in the industries of nylon solutions, chemical intermediates, and plant nutrients, guided by our core values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Respect.
Why work at AdvanSix?
• We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being
• Total Rewards program includes a competitive compensation, health, dental, vision & wellness programs, paid vacation, 401K with company matching, health savings programs, disability & life insurance, employee assistance program
• Tuition reimbursement for continued education, certifications, training, and development
• Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
- The PSM Engineer supports the PSM Site Lead with implemented OSHA PSM, EPA RMP, and AdvanSix process safety requirements
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with site PSM Leaders to continue enhancement of process safety culture and improve process safety competence.
- Partner with site functions to ensure PSM compliance at the site. This will include all procedure updates and training, appropriate use of management of change, closure of action items, and timely inspections/calibrations.
- Lead site Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) including revalidation of PSM covered units and newly installed projects
- Based on past experience, become subject matter expert for one, or more, of the PSM elements for AdvanSix.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering required
- Minimum 3 years Chemical Engineering experience required
- Minimum 2 years process safety experience preferred
- PHA experience
- Root cause analysis experience
- PHA leader experience
- Project management experience
- Six Sigma certification
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience influencing within an organization
AdvanSix is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of AdvanSix about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at AdvanSix via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of AdvanSix, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by AdvanSix for this position and a valid agreement with AdvanSix is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the AdvanSix agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.