AdvanSix plays a critical role in global supply chains, innovating and delivering essential products for our customers in a wide variety of end markets and applications that touch people’s lives, such as building and construction, fertilizers, plastics, solvents, packaging, paints, coatings, adhesives, and electronics. Our reliable and sustainable supply of quality products emerges from the vertically integrated value chain of our three U.S. based manufacturing facilities. AdvanSix strives to deliver best-in-class customer experiences and differentiated products in the industries of nylon solutions, chemical intermediates, and plant nutrients, guided by our core values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Respect.
Why work at AdvanSix?
• We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being
• Total Rewards program includes a competitive compensation, health, dental, vision & wellness programs, paid vacation, 401K with company matching, health savings programs, disability & life insurance, employee assistance program
• Tuition reimbursement for continued education, certifications, training, and development
• Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating AdvanSix sites)
• Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
Position Summary: The Electrical/Instrumentation (E/I) Maintenance Specialist works closely with Reliability Engineers, Project Engineers, operating area personnel and all levels of the Maintenance Organization to ensure the safe and profitable operation of the Chesterfield Plant.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide assistance with equipment performance troubleshooting as requested/required
· Provide analysis of failed equipment to determine and eliminate cause(s)
· Advise and review repairs and modifications to electrical and instrumentation equipment
· Establish and maintain instrument calibration program, including the calibration and PM database
· Advise on proper execution and documentation of repair and preventive maintenance (PM) activities for electrical and instrumentation equipment; where necessary, support job plan and shop paper development in support these activities
· Assist hourly E/I technicians with motor or infrared analysis and condition monitoring data interpretation, recommend actions based on these analyses
· Contribute to the development of Reliability Control Plans for several equipment classes to drive long-term improvements in safety, environmental, and operational performance
· Identify and interface with preferred equipment manufacturers, specialists, and technical support consultants
· Develop and maintain job plans for specific repair activities
· Develop, maintain, and update maintenance documentation (e.g. repair reports, bill of materials, upgrade recommendations) for critical plant equipment
· Support equipment installations/upgrades by ensuring design-for-maintainability and reliability are incorporated into projects
· Ability to perform physical tasks in an industrial plant environment including, but not limited to climbing ladders and performing confined space entries
· 7-10 years chemical/petrochemical/refinery plant maintenance experience working with electrical supply and distribution, instrumentation, and control equipment
· Working knowledge of PLCs, DCS, etc.
· Knowledge of electrical or instrumentation design, selection, repair techniques, and performance assessment
· Well-rounded field experience applying good engineering practices to electrical or instrumentation repair work for a variety of typical process plant equipment
· Familiarity interpreting and applying industry standards and best practices related to electrical or instrumentation equipment
· Self-motivated and goal-oriented individual with proven success working independently and in a multi-functional team environment
· Excellent organizational, planning, and verbal/written communication skills
· Knowledge of engineering materials chemical compatibility and application as relates to plant equipment reliability
· Experience with maintenance work execution/supervision in a unionized environment Working knowledge of drafting and project planning software (e.g. AutoCAD, Visio, MS Project, Primavera, etc.)
· Hands-on experience using SAP work management system Meridium or similar
· Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
AdvanSix is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of AdvanSix about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at AdvanSix via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of AdvanSix, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by AdvanSix for this position and a valid agreement with AdvanSix is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the AdvanSix agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.