AdvanSix plays a critical role in global supply chains, innovating and delivering essential products for our customers in a wide variety of end markets and applications that touch people’s lives, such as building and construction, fertilizers, plastics, solvents, packaging, paints, coatings, adhesives and electronics. Our reliable and sustainable supply of quality products emerges from the vertically integrated value chain of our three U.S. based manufacturing facilities. AdvanSix strives to deliver best-in-class customer experiences and differentiated products in the industries of nylon solutions, chemical intermediates, and plant nutrients, guided by our core values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Respect.
Please view a short video about our company here, AdvanSix Video. For more information on AdvanSix, please visit our website at https://www.advansix.com.
Why work at AdvanSix?
- We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being
- Total Rewards program includes a competitive compensation, health, dental, vision & wellness programs, paid vacation, 401K with company matching, health savings programs, disability & life insurance, employee assistance program
- Tuition reimbursement for continued education, certifications, training and development
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating AdvanSix sites)
- Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
This position provides mentoring and technical guidance to maintenance engineers along with working closely with Maintenance leadership and first line supervisors, operating area personnel, project engineers and personnel throughout the plant to ensure the safe, profitable, and reliable operation of the plant.
- Perform SME duties for fixed equipment (vessels, tanks, piping) equipment to support maintenance engineers and mechanical crafts
- Provide assistance to Maintenance and Operations with equipment performance troubleshooting as required
- Identify and interface with preferred equipment manufacturers, specialists, and technical support consultants.
- Design field repairs and modifications to all classes of mechanical equipment and piping systems.
- Provide analysis of failed equipment to determine and eliminate cause(s).
- Advise on proper execution & documentation of inspection, repair, & preventive maintenance (PM) activities. Where necessary support job plan & shop paper development in support these activities.
- Develop, maintain and update maintenance and reliability documentation (e.g. repair reports, bill of materials, upgrade recommendations) for critical plant equipment.
- Oversee Mechanical Integrity and Process Safety Valve inspection programs for the site
- Review and implement Reliability Control Plans for numerous equipment classes to drive long-term improvements in reliability and operational performance.
- Assist contract vibration technicians and maintenance engineers with rotating equipment vibration analysis, condition monitoring data interpretation and recommended actions.
- Support new equipment installation and upgrade by ensuring design-for-maintainability and design-for-reliability concerns are incorporated into capital projects.
- Ability to perform physical tasks in an industrial plant environment including, but not limited to climbing ladders and performing confined space entries.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- 3+ years chemical/petrochemical plant maintenance and/or reliability engineering experience
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of mechanical equipment design, selection, repair techniques and performance assessment.
- Well-rounded field experience applying reliability engineering principals to mechanical repair work for a variety of process plant equipment.
- Practical experience facilitating Root Cause Failure Analysis and Failure Mode and Effects Analysis utilizing industry standard tools.
- Familiarity interpreting and applying industry design, repair and installation standards and best practices to mechanical equipment.
- Certification(s) related to vibration analysis
- Certifications(s) related to pressure vessels and piping
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented individual with proven success working independently and in a multi-functional team environment.
- Excellent organizational, planning and verbal/written communication skills.
- Knowledge of engineering materials and corrosion science as related to equipment reliability.
- Hands-on experience using SAP work management system or similar.
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certified.
- Experience with maintenance work execution/supervision in a unionized environment
- Working knowledge of drafting and project planning software (e.g. AutoCAD, Visio, MS Project, Primavera, etc.).
- Proficient use of MS Office Suite of software products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Experience with APM Meridium software